“Great spot for after work drinks and food”

Adolfo's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Adolfo's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 337 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I have been to Adolfo's many times and have always had an enjoyable meal. Nice atmosphere. Not overly expensive.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We visited on a week night, so it was fairly quite in the restaurant. It's nicely decorated, and dark with lots of small lights, good atmosphere for a date night. It seemed clean, and had friendly service. We were seated in the back, probably because we had our kids with us. They do not have a kids menu, but the kids can order 1/2 portions of most anything on the menu at half price. This was great for my daughter, since she prefers the more adult type dishes. The menu selection is large. We all had different kinds of pasta. The vodka cream sauce with sausage was great. The Chicken Francese was also good, but the lemon caper sauce only comes on the chicken, and a second sauce on the pasta. We requested that it all get the Lemon sauce, not sure how it would have paired with a marinara. Alfredo was just average, but my 7 year old liked it. I ordered the Floretine with scallops, and was quite disappointed. The artichokes were from a tin can, and they tasted like the can. Also, my scallops tasted off, this may have been from being cooked with the tin-artichokes that took over the dish. The pasta would have been very good if it weren't for those artichokes. Portions size was good, but I did think that the food was a little pricey for the quality. I would try this restaurant again if I was in the area.

1  Thank MommyBird53816
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We have been to Adolfo's many times and it is always very enjoyable. Consistent quality food and very good service. We especially like the shrimp and scallops al forno, which is one of their signature dishes. We find the service very attentive. Give it a try!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Our last dinner there was average at best. I do not like the changes made to the outdoor area. It used to be for dining and is now set up for club life at night so the area just sits waiting. Big negative for those who enjoy dining outdoors in beautiful weather. Also the food prices are too much for the amount of food served. Go to Patsy's in East Longmeadow and get double the food for the same price and better service. Adolfo's blew it for me and we won't eat there again.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife an I only get to dine out once in a while as we have 4 children under 6 years old. We were trying this place based on their samples as Costco a couple of months ago.

Our experience was beyond expectation. Our waiter Johann was funny, well informed of the menu and attentive, yet he was not intrusive. For example they delivered my wife's steak and left. I believe Johann was observing from afar, because he waited until my wife chose to cut into her steak and try a bite then came over and asked if the temperature of the steak was to her liking.

So we started our evening by valeting the car for $5 (you pay when you pick up your car). The hostess seated us immediately with no waiting. We did make reservations. Waters were poured and bread delivered with olive oil before I could even sit down. One test I like to run when trying out a new restaurant is to ask the server a little about the food and for help deciding. I usually offer up one of the more exotic expensive dishes as well as a more mid range item. The good places tend to talk up both dishes if they deserve it, the great places will ask questions about what you like and provide guidance. Johann provided his preferences and actually, through questions, steered me towards the lesser expensive risotto (he wanted to make me happy).

To the food! We ordered stuffed mushrooms for the appetizer, wife ordered steak mama style and I had the mushroom risotto. All I can say was wow! The food was exactly what we wanted served at appropriate intervals and very satisfying. We even "busted the chef's meatballs" by asking for the olives to be removed from my wife's side dish (she hates olives) and the chef graciously modified his recipe.

We left very satisfied with our entire dining experience. The food is way above par, the staff is exemplary and the ambiance is perfect (OK, so my wife and I like Frank Sinatra some may find his music a little cheesy in an Italian restaurant, but they can cover their ears).

My wife and I have found what we hope will become our place.