Tripadvisor
Springfield
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews slot machines hotel and casino movie theater food court poker room video poker nice casino m life non smoking lobster roll dining options self parking new england sports bar hall of fame gambling steakhouse
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've stayed overnight at MGM Springfield at least a dozen times now. The rooms are well decorated, modern, clean, comfortable. The only problem that I've had is that at least 50% of the time you can hear your neighbors very clearly - even if they are having just a regular toned/volume conversation. It's obviously worse if they are loud people, arguing, have the TV on, having an in intimate moment, etc...(all of which I've experienced). Whoever designed/build the hotel used sub-par or cheap materials when building the walls between the rooms or did not put enough thickness or insulation between them. I hope MGM does something about this - blow extra insulation between the rooms or add a layer of drywall. I've honestly preferred to stay at Encore in Boston my last two casino trips because the rooms are a step up and I've never heard a neighbor yet (of my five visits). Otherwise, very friendly staff - the servers or security that recognize me always say hi and are friendly. The machines are modern - they do not get updated/replaced often enough though. Comped drinks are good sized - much bigger than Encore. I appreciate the little things like free coffee on level 2 of the hotel and free coffee/fountain drinks on the casino floor.

3  Thank dproxima
GMarcano306, Guest Experience Specialist at MGM Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for sharing your thorough and thoughtful review of MGM Springfield. It is delightful to know that you have found our artfully decorated guest rooms, friendly staff and delectable cocktails to your liking. However, we truly regret the noise disturbances in the hotel that have hampered your time with us. We will be sure to pass along your comments to the respective department heads in an effort to make improvements to the aforementioned area in the future. It would be our pleasure to enjoy your company again soon for a much more enjoyable visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The rooms are really comfortable and very well designed. I did NOT expect what I saw. The casino was immaculate, staff fantastic and lots to do. Movie theater, skating rink outside and good restaurants. Well done MGM!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with MGM Resorts International
GMarcano306, Guest Experience Specialist at MGM Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We are truly grateful for your business and gracious recommendation. At MGM Springfield, we work hard to exceed expectations and provide our guests with the exceptional experiences they deserve. We appreciate you sharing your positive comments of our beautifully decorated facility, fabulous entertainment and dedicated staff. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon for another fantastic experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We needed a little time away and this was a great distraction from life's issues! The hotel was great, all staff so friendly, courteous and helpful, Chandler Steakhouse was a special treat and the food at The TAP is always good! The casino is small, but smoke-free and we enjoy it there. It would be good if the machines did a little more "give" than "take" but we have our limit and we have some fun!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with MGM Resorts International

The luxury, phenomenal service, and exceptional facility at MGM Springfield makes for the perfect getaway experience, indeed. It sure sounds like you had quite a time enjoying our dining establishments and exciting casino. Thank you for sharing your most gracious impressions and for choosing to spend your well deserved time away here with us. We value your patronage and anxiously await your return!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My trip to MGM Springfield was overall amazing! My lady and I Had so much fun and were greeted and made to feel welcome from beginning to end! There are many great dining & entertainment options on site as well as in the general area! Be sure to check out Cal Mare, and visit the basketball hall of fame located 3 minutes driving distance away from the casino.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with MGM Resorts International

It is delightful to read that you and your Lady immensely enjoyed your time with us at MGM Springfield. We are glad to know you enjoyed your meal at Cal Mare, as well as some of the local offerings in our City of Springfield. Your positive comments are very much appreciated by our staffs who strive to make sure our valued customers like yourself, are warm welcomed, well served, and truly appreciated. Thank you for treating yourself to a phenomenal experience at our facility. We would love to welcome you both back again in the near future for another great visit!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We live locally, but had the opportunity to stay over in a comped room for an overnight getaway. The room was impeccably clean and had interesting, modern decor. The bed was comfy and everything was great until our neighbors returned to their room around 11 pm. The walls are so thin, I could hear their conversations word for word and even understand the words in the music they were playing... especially when they sang along. Being a new hotel, I was shocked that it was so easy to hear through the wall. I’ve never experienced anything like this - It was like being in the same room with them. By 12:30 am, they were still awake and chatting. We opted to pack up and go home so we could finally get some sleep. While the comped room was a nice perk, I think we’ll pass next time.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking a moment to share your impressions of your stay with us at MGM Springfield. We are disheartened to learn that noise disturbances hampered your time with us in any way. We further lament that you packed up and left. While we do not wish an experience like this to any of our valued guests, in the future, if you encounter similar issues, please let our Front Desk team know and they will be more than happy to assist accordingly. It is our hope that you will afford us another chance to improve your opinions of our property in the future.