Open today: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Definitely a visit if you're into Basketball

Kay M
Leicester, United Kingdom
Our 10 year old grandson loved it.

flyeroka
Nashville, Tennessee

All reviews basketball court basketball fans third floor center court full size interactive exhibits top floor slam dunk my son gift shop cold stone creamery plan b three floors high school aaa discount great place to visit all ages
Reviewed 1 week ago

Had passed by on 91 numerous times and decided to stop in. Am (was) a big bb fan and was looking forward to an informative and interesting nostalgic visit - didn't happen. Pretty much just impressions of the members, with a brief description of each. Don't know what I expected, but after seeing the baseball HOF a few days before, this was pretty mediocre.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had intended to visit but were put off by the rather high entry fee. Instead, we were content to look at the free displays in the entrance lobby and peruse the souvenir shop.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I took my 11 year old grandson during a break in a meeting that we were attending. He enjoyed it very much. It included coaches and women players. He loved it.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Fun place for families with kids. We had 4 kids with us, all 11 years old. The girls were interested in the history of women in the sport. Wish the museum highlighted that more. The boys enjoyed seeing all their heroes but mostly enjoyed playing basketball on the court.

1  Thank travelsforworkBoston
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

At the time we visited, the Basketball Hall of Fame had only 2 out of 3 floors open because a job fair was being held on the first floor. (Job fair? Huh?) The greeters were unfriendly and uncommunicative.

On one of the available floors there were lighted displays of HOF members' faces - in contrast to bronze busts (football HOF) or bronze plaques (baseball HOF). There were various displays scattered throughout the two accessible floors. Neither the displays themselves nor their layout were impressive.

Our recommendation to Basketball HOF management: Go to Cooperstown. Watch and learn.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband loves anything Basketball so we had to go to the Hall of Fame while in the US - we don't have these things in UK

Bit tricky to locate the place, but we visited on a rainy misty murky grey day however it was also somewhere to go and spend 1-2 hours in the dry
The exhibit is well laid out over three floors - lifts available so everything accessible and on the flat.
There are pictures, audio, films and memorabilia covering all aspects of the game, not just players - but referees, contributors etc and reps from the Women's game too. Explains the history and development of Basketball over the last century.
At the bottom level there is a court with hoops at various heights and balls to dribble and shoot, even dunk if you fancy!
We had a good time - Hubby enjoyed his trip down Memory Lane

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It is only 21 miles from Bradley International Airport (Windsor Locks/Hartford CT). We flew in from Nashville, stayed at an airport area hotel, and used a rental SUV. It is very easy to access from Interstate 91 (exit 6). I recommend checking their website before you go. Besides the historical exhibits, you can actually play basketball on their court (balls provided). Watch out for speeding drivers when you exit the parking lot.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I like watching basketball, was a skeptic about whether I would enjoy visiting here. I liked the historical exhibits about how basketball was "invented." The interactive displays were amusing. I measured up my wingspan with Kevin Durant (boy, did I feel small), played 1 on 1 with a pro-baller and lost (of course), called a game, and gave a press conference. The bottom level had several basketball hoops and balls you can shoot. There was even a peach basket hoop. That was the most difficult one to make. Insider tip, check out the groupon deal for tickets. Overall, cool place to learn about hoops history.

Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

I admit I wasn’t that interested in visiting the Basketball Hall of Fame oin Springfield, MA, but my husband wanted to go, so....
We went and it was really an interesting and fun place. Of course there are exhibits as you would expect, but also basketball games and also a basketball court with baskets everywhere so everyone can play. Some are at lower heights and some are regulation. There is even a peach basket ( that’s what used originally). We had a great time.

Reviewed October 4, 2018

There is a lot of information here if you choose to read it all. Very interesting history. Might be to boring for younger kids, however they do have some interactive displays and the bottom floor is a basketball court you can shoot around, ECT. Great short movie at the theater, don't miss it.