“all you want to know about basketball”

Basketball Hall of Fame
Ranked #3 of 40 things to do in Springfield
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the town where basketball was invented, this 48,000-square-foot museum has three levels of exhibits on the history and heroes of the game and gives visitors a chance to participate in skill contests.
“all you want to know about basketball”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

that young people could interact. There was a lot to learn there. I liked when my grandchild could make like he was a sports announcer and he looked great doing it.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Wallingford, Connecticut
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very fun! Very worth visiting!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I was just in Springfield, MA yesterday. (We go every day after Thanksgiving as a tradition.) For many years, we have passed this building and NEVER bothered to visit. This year, we finally decided to visit! My dad took me in there, he was very excited since he loves basketball. You start off by going up to the 3rd floor and work your way down. As you go down, there are old basketball things from 100 years ago, as well as famous jerseys. I saw Shaquille O'Neal's shoe, which I had wanted to see. On the final floor is a basketball court where you get to get a basketball and just shoot some hoop. It was really fun and a great way to get some exercise! You can also shoot your ball into the really old basket that didn't have a hole at the bottom. (Don't worry, they at least put a hole on the bottom of this one.)

If you haven't visited this, you need to. It is way beyond AWESOME! :D

Visited November 2012
1 Thank lbishopkyo
Dartmouth, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“OK...”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I visited with my family over Veteran's Day weekend. Having not visited the museum in about 15 years, I was very impressed by the remodel. This is not a whole day activity we did the whole museum in about 2 hours with about an hour of that time spent shooting hoops. I would consider myself and son very big sports fans, however you would have to be an extreme basketball fan to spend more then a few hours going through the museum.

Visited November 2012
Fort Lauderdale, FL
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Worth a stop if you're in the area”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We were in Springfield for the Big E, our last day we decided to check out the Basketball Hall of Fame. We're not huge basketball fans but this attraction was still nice and were glad we went. The price to get in was reasonable and you can spend a few hours to all day if you're a huge basketball fan.
They do have a open basketball court, where you can take some free shots or try and dunk the ball on one of their different height baskets..

Visited October 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Nice job!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

what a wonderful place. the parking is great, there is a restaurant on site. The basketball trivia and things to see and do make it a worthwhile trip to all basketball lovers.

Visited July 2012