“Great Hotel in Sitka”

Westmark Sitka Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Sitka
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I enjoyed staying at this hotel! Staff was great in every possible way. Long line at check in due to a convention but moved very quickly. Rooms were great even if you didn't have a view of the water. Rooms were very warm even with heat on low, but hotel provided a fan which helped immensely. We never ate in there restaurant but others we were with did and said food and service were fantastic!

Room Tip: Ask for the water side!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ladysteele75

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Rooms are ok but the food was poor! My first room had feces on the toilet. I asked if they could come clean the room and instead they just moved me to a new room. The quality of the food in the restaurant was poor I had some calamari and it was like rubber. I do not recommend the restaurant.

Room Tip: Be sure and get a room on level 4 or 5
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Givemeacleanroom_411
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We liked this hotel a lot. The people are very nice and very helpful, from the van driver to the front desk., but my impression is that was the story for everyone in Sika. The hotel is within walking distance of everything. The beds were very comfortable, the room well layed out and clean.
We had no complaints. We watched bald eagles out of our windows.
We loved this little town and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank designbytheyard
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Sitka Westmark this Christmas. My husband was working and we wanted to be with him for the holiday. We showed up as a family of 5 - three kids ages 5,3 & 2 - and our 2 year old son is disabled. The free shuttle picked us up at the airport - driver was very nice and loved sharing info about the local area. Front desk staff was great and got us into a suite with easy access. Room was large, modern, clean and had nice bedding. Lobby is great with a beautiful sitting area and warm fireplace. Location was great and we had a beautiful view of the water -- we also lucked out with a beautiful day.

The restaurant inside the hotel was awesome. Great food and bar with local beers on tap! We will definitely be back to the Westmark in Sitka and be telling our friends here in Anchorage that it would be a great weekend destination if you need a quick getaway within the state.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Kelly O
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Sitka is a wonderful town to visit, particularly if weather does not deter your spirits. This hotel is centrally located, with a comfortable and inviting lobby and common areas. The rooms are distinctly average, though. I stayed in a 5th floor (top floor) room and had no problems with noise or wireless access. Furnishings were a bit worn but adequate, and the room was clean. Unfortunately, the hallway had a slight odor, and a stained carpet.

Service: Restaurant breakfast service is quite variable. On one occasion, had exceptionally quick and considerate service, but on a previous visit had perhaps the slowest breakfast ever recorded. Front desk and airport shuttle staff were very helpful. Kudos to the front desk clerk who singlehandedly brought stored luggage to our large group, one by one, and still managed to man the desk with a cheerful attitude.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tlevaksilver
Reviewed November 2, 2012

subpar to avg in every area. Mgmnt wouldn't let me check out one-hr late even though our event filled the motel. Very tacky. Sitka is an awesome town. Very beautiful. Downtown historic district special. check out the Russian history.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TMK-AK
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel a number of times while in Sitka for business. I decided to write a review finally because of some excellent service I got this morning. I arrived at the hotel at 11am and decided to see if I could try to have an early check in. Yep! They let me check in at 11am! Pretty cool. I've eaten once in the restaurant and it was pretty good, expensive, but good. Beds are very comfortable and I love the toiletries that they give you. They seem like good stuff! Parking around the hotel is slim pickens, which is a little irritating. There is a good restaurant right across the street (Italian- but they have a very large and diverse menu). All in all, I enjoy staying at the Westmark Sitka.

• Stayed: October 2012