“Fantastic Fishing Lodge”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sitka
Wild Strawberry Lodge
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Sitka
new york city, new york
“Fantastic Fishing Lodge”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from an amazing vacation at the Wildstrawberry Lodge.
Equally spectacular experience on land in the lodge as well as on the water.
Gourmet meals made a great contrast to the majesty of fishing on the ocean.
My captain Johnny and his mate, Matt, on the vessel High Roller, were knowledgable, friendly and supportive during my fishing trips.
All I can say is I needed to buy a freezer to store all the fish I brought home.
Can't wait to return for my next vacation in Sitka with new friends.

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank artlovernyc22

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Theresa runs a first class operation. Everyone including her kids really work hard. You could not ask for a more perfect team. Location is great, boats are great and captains and crew are sensational.

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank stephen10023
Moses Lake, Washington
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We were traveling in a group of three couples during off season and when we got off the ferry in Sitka, we called Wild Strawberry. Theresa did everything humanly possible to accommodate our group and take good care of us for our 4 day stay (even though she got sick and felt miserable). I would definitely recommend Wild Strawberry! Try the off-season - you'll enjoy a slower pace.

Room Tip: There are rooms with many different configurations of bed to accommodate 1 to 6 people. Just ask.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Sandy L
Richland, Washington
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We were in our small airplane and because of bad weather, we had to have a change of plans. We needed to fly to Sitka, Alaska. We had no reservations; I got my iPad out, checked on Trip Advisor and called Wild Strawberry. We needed two rooms; they had two rooms for that night only. Theresa sent someone to pick us up at the airport (that someone was Megan), Megan drove us to dinner that night. Theresa got a map out and showed us the places to visit the next day; Megan took us downtown; Theresa got us a room for the next night from one of her friends; Megan came after us the next day and took us to the airport. They were so friendly and nice. I can't say enough good things about this place and staff. This was in July and I intended to write sooner but I've been traveling a lot. Love Trip Advisor.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank mzb37
Reviewed June 21, 2012

For the value in southeast Ak this was a great place to stay for a good nights sleep and a hot breakfast. It beats staying in the dirtbag chain hotels. The one thing to remember is that this is a B and B that is connected with a fishing charter service so most of the guest will be getting up at 4am to get out on the water, but I myself an a pretty sound sleeper so this was not a problem for me. If I am ever out here for work again I would defiently stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012
5 Thank JoelBoone
Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

We were forced to stay in Sitka for an extra day due to Alaska Airlines mechanical issue. Instead of going back to Westmark which charged us 20/day for crib, we ce here and had five beds in our room, snacks and quiet.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank KTNDDS
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I've been coming to fish with Alaska Premier Charters, Inc. since 2005. Every year, I come home with plenty of fish for my freezer and more memories shared with my father and friends. Sitka and Alaska Premier Charters, Inc. has become my yearly vacation that I share with my father and I know I will continue coming back for years to come! Thanks APC!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business