Nugget Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #17 of 44 Restaurants in Sitka
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Scenic view
Description: Full service restaurant open 7 AM - 8 PM (June-Sept.) 8 AM - 8 PM (Oct.-May)Friendly atmosphere, great ocean view, always helpful & friendly staff
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This might be the only airport restaurant in the world that is worth going to if you aren't flying. Get some pie!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I lived in Sitka for over a year and by far the best service was here. The food was in the top 5 in town. It was always a welcoming place with prompt service and really good food.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stopped in for a quick dinner. Decided to get the special which was prime rib. Expecting a so-so meal I was quickly surprised to see a very nice meal brought to me. Everything on the plate was wonderfull, steamed vegtables, homemade mashed potatoes, and a very nice 12 ounce cut of meat, cooked perfectly. I also had a bowl of very hearty well made clam chowder. The staff was very friendly and made me feel welcome. I will be headed to the Nugget to try their breakfast before my flight out.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I took a day trip to Sitka for work in October 2012. The flight to Sitka from Juneau in the morning was on time and uneventful; the return voyage in the evening almost resulted in an unplanned overnight stay in Sitka due to poor weather conditions. While the drama of "would we get home tonight?" played out, I joined my fellow passengers in the Nugget Restaurant for dinner and a few cold drinks.

When situations like this occur, the facility can become crowded, and that was the case on this day. The employees are well used to this routine and handled it with positive dispositions and fast, efficient service. My hat's off to them for this.

I ordered a prime melt sandwich with onion rings, which turned out to be a very distant variation of a cheesesteak sandwich. It didn't come close to emulating a cheesesteak but I didn't have to wait 45 minutes for it (as I did for my lunch meal at a different establishment in town) and it was quite tasty. The meat was not stringy, the sandwich was served hot (no au jus, though), and the onion rings were not greasy.

On previous trips, I have had breakfast here and they do it up right.

I wish our restaurant at the Juneau airport was as good as this one. If you get stuck at the Sitka Airport, know that your nourishment needs will be well taken care of!

Oh, and we got home okay that evening!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Great restaurant to hang out before flight. The waiting area for flights are extremely small I wish we would have had stayed in restaurant longer and enjoyed another cup of coffee.
Breakfast was good
Pie to go for flight was excellent