“Ambiance and service”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We ended up at Ludvigs because the next door Mexican restaurant didn't have margaritas and it was an excellent find! We were welcomed right away. This Bistro is very small and intimate with great lighting. The menu was small, but there were options for tapas and entrees. I had the pasta dish and it was big enough for two meals.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

This place was surprisingly good. I didn't expect much because vegetables have to be flown into Sitka, but the food was fresh and varied and well-prepared with delicious sauces. Of course, fish is always the best choice for an entree in Alaska. I ate there in July of 2010 even though this wasn't an available date selection when I wrote my belated review.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Absolutely the best restaurant meal I've ever had. Wonderful Mediterranean style food, all fresh ingredients, well balanced menu selection, excellent service. Be sure to make reservations - they turn out quality, not quantity and seating is limited. A must-visit if you're in Sitka.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Food was incredible, service was splendid, value was worth it! Make a reservation and enjoy a wonderful atmosphere and feel like a celebrity in this very small and intimate, almost exclusive, fine dining restaurant! No need to wear a tie which is great, but also the kind of place you can dress to impress. Drink wine and live like the 1% for a night, haha!

1  Thank CorinH23
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I decided to get the Mixed Grill Plate with the gorgonzola sauce. It was amazing. Heavy and garlicky, but amazing! I loved our service. I wish I could remember her name.... she was great. Overall, the atmosphere was intimate and so comfortable...even at our small table. Reserve in advance! Dessert was excellent as well. Salted chocolate torte with huckleberry sauce. Just....yes.