“A Winner on any Island”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Ludvig's was reccommended by my seat companion on the plane to Juneau and the flight attendant confirmed the name and location. Somerimes the planets align as they did for me in Sitka. Ludvig's was closing for vacation the very next day and the charming hostess just barely managed to squeeze me in to sit at the bar. I whined. What a revelation! A very small place with a big heart and fantastic food. I had scallops which were TO DIE FOR, a very unusual salad, and a glass of my favorite bubbly (Zardetto--in Alaska. Who knew?). The piece de resistance, which I did not resist very much, was the creme brulee, which was every bit as scrumptious, lucious and smooth as that made lovingly by my old friend Marcia-from-New-Jersey and torched perfectly by her engineer husband. The desert was so special I had a second glass of bubbly and hummed out loud as I walked home. You can walk everywhere in Sitka.

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Avery dish cooked by chef/owner
With fresh delicious ingridients !
Yummy well priced wines
Best, I MEAN BEST, creambrulett!

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner here two nights in a row. The food is amazing! Paella and halibut were spectacular. The new wine bar upstairs is outstanding and has a superb wine list. A wonderful evening both nights with great friends, wonderful food and wine and outstanding service and atmosphere. Thank you.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I absolutely love Ludvig's Bistro, but recommend you book way in advance, due to the demand! The Mushroom medley appetizer is to die for!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

From the reviews, this was a "must try" place. The food was delicious and creatively prepared and plated. Small, cosy and (make reservations), cute decor, and VERY EXPENSIVE. Special occasion or just once place.