“I was pleasantly surprised”
Review of Raven Dining Room

Raven Dining Room
Ranked #33 of 45 Restaurants in Sitka
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Juneau, Alaska
“I was pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is everything that you would expect from the Westmark. The staff are extremely attentive, and the food is very, very good. If you're a terrestrial carnivore, you might not find much to eat here (aside from the obligatory steaks); however, if your seafood lover you will find a lot of local offerings on the menu. I left feeling replete - satisfied but not lethargic. I would definitely eat here again.

• Visited June 2013

Wimauma, Florida
“Just OK”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Only had breakfast at this Westmark Hotel dining room. Food was OK. Even thought the waitress had no idea what basted eggs were, my companion's breakfast was good and well cooked. I opted for scrambled eggs with smoked salmon. Not so good. Eggs ere fine but salmon was very fishy and not fresh. We live by the ocean, so I know my seafood. We were in a hurry to catch a cruise, so didn't bother to send it back. Just ate the eggs I could pick out and a couple of pieces of toast.

• Visited May 2013
San Diego, California
“Pricey Good Food. Mozzarella Sticks The Size Of Your Forearm!”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Overall we enjoyed our meal here. The prices were a bit steep (which isn't surprising for a restaurant attached to a hotel) and service was a bit slow. The food was good and sitting out on the deck enjoying our last night in Alaska was enjoyable. The mozzarella sticks we got as an appetizer were humungous and tasty!

West Bloomfield, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Keep Walking”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Please don't be fooled by the nice view the patio offers. The salmon was very overpriced, bland and dry. We had a very long wait for a table. Our worst meal in Alaska. The clam chowder is "World Famous". I forgot to ask what it was "World famous" for. Save your money

Okemos, Michigan
“Great evening”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Five of us enjoyed dinner at the Raven Dining Room this evening. The martinis were great. The bread was warm with a great crust. We tried three starters, the scallops, the halibut bites and the evening special Alaskan oysters. All three were yummy. For dinner we had king crab legs, halibut, salmon and filet. Again, delicious. The sweet potato fries were amazing. After reading some reviews here, we had some concerns but happily we enjoyed our dinners very much! Definitely a great choice in Sitka.