“Just OK”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Only had breakfast at this Westmark Hotel dining room. Food was OK. Even thought the waitress had no idea what basted eggs were, my companion's breakfast was good and well cooked. I opted for scrambled eggs with smoked salmon. Not so good. Eggs ere fine but salmon was very fishy and not fresh. We live by the ocean, so I know my seafood. We were in a hurry to catch a cruise, so didn't bother to send it back. Just ate the eggs I could pick out and a couple of pieces of toast.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Overall we enjoyed our meal here. The prices were a bit steep (which isn't surprising for a restaurant attached to a hotel) and service was a bit slow. The food was good and sitting out on the deck enjoying our last night in Alaska was enjoyable. The mozzarella sticks we got as an appetizer were humungous and tasty!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Please don't be fooled by the nice view the patio offers. The salmon was very overpriced, bland and dry. We had a very long wait for a table. Our worst meal in Alaska. The clam chowder is "World Famous". I forgot to ask what it was "World famous" for. Save your money

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Five of us enjoyed dinner at the Raven Dining Room this evening. The martinis were great. The bread was warm with a great crust. We tried three starters, the scallops, the halibut bites and the evening special Alaskan oysters. All three were yummy. For dinner we had king crab legs, halibut, salmon and filet. Again, delicious. The sweet potato fries were amazing. After reading some reviews here, we had some concerns but happily we enjoyed our dinners very much! Definitely a great choice in Sitka.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

The service depends on the waiter/waitress you get, but I typically enjoy myself there. Love the view overlooking town!