“Quick trail at end of the road”
Review of Herring Cove Trail

Herring Cove Trail
Juneau, Alaska
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Quick trail at end of the road”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I liked this trail a lot. One of my favorites quick trails located in Southeast Alaska. I took my five year old and he made it though he was a bit worn out at the end of the loop. That was the plan, so I am glad it worked. Not too tough for him but tough enough he felt it.

The trail itself was beautiful and took me and a five year old a little over an hour to do. That was with a stop in Herring cove to throw rocks.

It is not a flat trail, this trail had lots of steps. As trails go it wasn't very muddy even though it had been raining for two weeks straight.

Visited June 2012
6 Thank Josh K

Atlanta, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Best hike!!!!!!”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I have hiked in almost every National Park im the United States and this hike has far surpassed any other hike I've ever done. There are so many waterfalls, mossy vistas, the gorrgeous Beaver Lake Trail at the end of Herring Cove which you must do, that it is beyond describing other than majestic! The landscape arcitect who planned this trail did an unbelievable job planing the trail along the beautiful vistas and also in using the rocks as steps and the beautiful wood for walkways. This is a "maserati" of hiking trails.

Visited June 2012
8 Thank foxtravel30
Juneau, Alaska
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“not for an old fat guy”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I was with my 30-year old daughter, who is in much better shape than me. The trail is pretty steep at the beginning. I'm going to try it again when I'm in better shape!

Visited May 2012
3 Thank Allen B
Lyons, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great trail”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

really nice hike through a forest, along the coast, and to a secret beach

Visited August 2011
2 Thank a t
Sitka, Alaska, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“open old growth forest”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

good hike thru beautiful old growth rain forest and pretty waterfall at end

1 Thank Eric M

Been to Herring Cove Trail? Share your experiences!