Review Highlights
Captain Paul does not disappoint! You will have an amazing experience!!

Went on Gallant Adventure's last cruise of 2020 and it was an amazing time despite being seasick a... read more

Reviewed August 14, 2020
SMKMontana
Anchorage, Alaska
Captain Paul is an amazing person to work with!!!

I booked a tour with Captain Paul as a cruise excursion for May of 2021...we were previously on a... read more

Reviewed May 26, 2020
kristinb415
San Francisco, California

Recommended experiences in and around Sitka
from $80.77
from $282.06
from $205.13
from $142.31
More Info
All reviews captain paul lazaria island sea otters small boat his enthusiasm sitka sound highlight of our trip hot springs wildlife cruise alaska viewing volcano
Selected filters
Reviewed August 4, 2019

This past July, my wife and I sailed from San Francisco to Yokohama, Japan on the SS Maasdam.Whenever possible, we like to book excursions on our own so we can avoid the cruise line's overpriced and overcrowded ones. Paul Davis's Gallant Adventures harbor tour was highly recommended on Trip Advisor so we booked it in October, many months before our July trip.There was supposed to be six passengers but the other four cancelled . I was very grateful that Mr Davis was willing to take just the two of us. I was hoping to see a brown bear but alas, as Paul explained, the salmon were not running yet so the bears remained high in the mts. eating berries. But Paul had an eagle eye, spotting all kinds of wildlife long before I could spot them. He even spotted a mass of jellyfish by the color of the water. No bears, but Paul found seals, sea lions, otters, breaching humpback whales, killer whales, eagles, falcons,and puffins among a myriad of feathered and furry creatures. He even took us inside a sea cave to see colorful starfish and sea urchins clinging to the cave walls.In short, I have been on many whale and wildlife tours in my life but this was the very best. To put the icing on the proverbial cake, a whale breached right besides our boat before I could take a picture, but one of Paul's friends captaining another tour boat was able to capture the moment on camera. Paul promised to email me the photo and, true to his word, the photo was waiting for us upon our return from our cruise. Thanks, Paul

8  Thank Nosweat65
gallantadventures, Owner at Gallant Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2019

Good to hear from you, Ed! I had a really nice time with the 2 of you and I’m happy to hear that you did as well, especially considering your cruise was so long and its itinerary was awesome! What a cruise you 2 went on! It was a fun day out there and I remember that feisty humpback calf being particularly curious that day. For a week or so, that baby humpback was REALLY interested in boats and swam right up to us and after turning away it breached right next to us! It was super nice of that guy on my buddy’s boat to email me the photo. If only the 2 of you were visible in the picture-that’s the only thing that could’ve made it better! But I’ll take it!! Thanks again and I hope to see you both again sometime! Until then, take care!

Reviewed July 30, 2019

The best excursion during our week long trip to Alaska. Paul was fantastic he answered all my questions before booking, and was easy to find when we got off the shuttle from the cruise ship. It rained all day but you could stay inside the cabin with the heater and look out the windows or got outside when we saw the animals. We were very fortunate to see whales, otters, sea lions and a coastal brown bear. Paul is the only captain with the company so you better book this fast or he will not be available the day your in port.

Thanks Paul for a great day Stay safe and Geaux Tigers.

8  Thank krzito
gallantadventures, Owner at Gallant Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2019

Geaux Zito Family! You guys rule! Thanks for each taking the time to write me your own independent review. I really appreciate the effort and I had a really great time out there with you all. The area around Sitka is absolutely amazing and I truly love sharing it with people like yourselves. Thanks so much and I hope to see you all again sometime! Don’t forget, Alaska Airlines AND Delta have daily flights into Sitka from Seattle!

Reviewed July 30, 2019

Best excursion during our week-long cruise to Alaska. Paul was great. He was very informative before I booked by answering all my questions. It was easy to find him when we got off the shuttle.........then we got on the boat and it was great. We had 2 teenagers and older adults and we all loved it. It rained during most of our trip, but the boat has a cabin with a heater. So you can be inside looking out the windows at the animals or outside, it's all up to you. Our group saw everything that day, whales, otters, sea lions, coastal brown bears, we did it all. Paul will get you very close to the animals so you can fully appreciate how beautiful they are in their environment. He is the only captain so you better book fast or you will miss out on a fantastic excursion. Thanks, Paul for a wonderful day on the water and Geaux Tigers.

6  Thank kzito

Way to represent The Parish! Thank you guys for writing me a review and I’m so happy that you enjoyed our trip so much. I had as much fun as you all did and I hope to see you all again sometime! Laissez le Bon Temps Roulette!!

Reviewed July 28, 2019 via mobile

We booked with Gallant Adventures after some other cruisers had such positive things to say and boy were they right! Captain Paul is knowledgeable, personable and organized. Everything went exactly as he said it would when we booked the trip. Gorgeous scenery and wildlife; Eagles, Sea Lions, Seals and Humpback Whales up close and personal. Great excursion.

9  Thank Bobfromnova
gallantadventures, Owner at Gallant Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2019

Good to hear from you and thanks for taking a moment to write me a good review! It was a lot of fun out there yesterday morning! While we had less than ideal conditions, we still managed to make it happen and had a blast out there! Thanks so much for choosing ME to take you out exploring the awesome area around Sitka while you were visiting! See the 2 of you next time!!

Reviewed July 25, 2019

You would think it’s just whales but it’s so much more than that. Otters, sea lions, and a black oyster catcher! We also saw a bear luckily!! This was so much fun in such little time!

5  Thank Myles Z
gallantadventures, Owner at Gallant Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2019

Good to hear from you, Buddy, and thanks for writing me a review mere hours after our trip! Your family was so much fun and I had an ABSOLUTE BLAST this morning! The area around Sitka is amazing and I have so much fun sharing it with nice people such as yourselves! Thanks for making this morning happen! We had a good team out there today and I hope to see all of you again sometime! Geaux Sitka!!!