“Our Favorite Alaskan Memories”
Review of Gallant Adventures

Gallant Adventures
Ranked #2 of 31 Tours in Sitka
More attraction details
Owner description: Intimately observe and learn about whales, sea otters, brown bears, Stellar sea lions, puffins and bald eagles while on a personable marine wildlife boat tour with a 100 ton Master captain, Alaskan field geologist and mountain climber as your guide. There is truly no better way to experience the Real Sitka!
Brady, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Our Favorite Alaskan Memories”
Reviewed December 21, 2011

We had high expectations for this excursion and were not disappointed. Our family went out with Capt. Paul Davis and had the best time. He took us to some of his favorite places while making stops every time we crossed paths with something of interest. And let me tell you, we made a lot of stops! not only did we go through narrow channels channels between islands called "keyholes" but we saw waterfalls and avalanche chutes that met the ocean. In addition to the amazing scenerym we saw quite a few humpbacks (one surfaced so close we smelt whale breath!), 2 HUGE rafts of sea otters, a Steller sea lion, several bald eagles (including an eaglette in its nest), a handful of puffins, rhinocerous auklettes, seals hauled out on Kamenoi rocks and salmon stacked up at the base of a waterfall. It was evident that Paul knew his stuff as we learned so much about everything we saw and his enthusiasm was contagious. This trip was not only the highlight of our trip to Alaska, but one of the coolest things we've done as a family. I highly recommend Paul Davis and Gallant Adventures anytime!

Visited August 2011
2 Thank randyrobison

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The best excursion we've ever done”
Reviewed December 15, 2011

While cruising to Alaska on Holland America in 2011, we booked a marine wildlife tour with Gallant Adventures and were blown away. We were treated like good friends from the moment Paul met us at the cruise ship dock to our email exchanges after we returned home. He took us out with another couple to some of his "secret spots" and we saw 2 humpback whales in a narrow island pass, bald eagles (including a chick in a nest!), seals hauled out on rocks, 2 huge rafts of sea otters (including 1 using a rock as a tool to crack a clam!), salmon at the base of a waterfall, tufted puffins & rhinoceros auklettes, and a Sitka blacktailed deer. We were amazed at all the different things we saw and highly recommend this tour as Paul definitely knows where the action is.

3 Thank vvatx
Roswell, Ga
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic guide and excursion”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I totally agree with all the previous reviews. We toured with Paul on August 14th. Even though we had intermittent rain, we still got to see lots of wildlife - whales, harbor seals, sea otters, eagles and many different typed of birds. The smaller boat is definitely a plus, larger boats cancelled that day but we were still able to go out. Highly recommend Paul and Gallant Adventures.

3 Thank webb288
West Jordan, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Gallant Adventures is the BEST!!!”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

This is our third cruise to Alaska. Every time we have booked a whale excursion through the ship. This time I decided to try something independently. We choose a tour with Gallant Adventures. Paul met us as we got off the ship. He helped us find a place to buy batteries and then took us to his boat. Paul provided us with the most awesome tour we have ever had. He was concerned about what we wanted. He was friendly, professional and most of all very informative. He far exceeded any expectations we were hoping for. I would choose Gallant Adventures without any reservation the next time I visit Alaska. You can bet that when I book my next cruise to Alaska, I will be looking for a ship that stops in Sitka so I can go on another adventure with Paul. Thanks Paul for a very memorable day in beautiful Sitka. (Sorry my photos are poor. I used my phone. Will try to add new ones from the camera soon.)

Visited September 2011
3 Thank debbs120
Minnesota
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Fantastic excursion”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

My wife and I just returned from a 12 night cruise from Anchorage to Vancouver. We went on 6 excursions , 4 thru the cruise line and 2 that I booked. By far, the best excursion we went on was with Paul and Gallant Adventures. He is a very knowledgable and friendly guide. He takes 2 to 6 on his boat and for our trip there was only 3 of us. What a fantastic time all thanks to Paul. He knows where to go and with his boat he gets to the places the big boats can't. We saw all sorts of wildlife up close and at the finish he gives his card with all the places and things we saw written on the back. Nice for going back and matching places and wildlife with our many pictures. Our tour lasted 4 hours and again really made our trip. I highly recommend Paul and his tour, you will love it. Thanks Paul...

Visited July 2011
3 Thank jimyb

Been to Gallant Adventures? Share your experiences!