“Best thing I did in Sitka”
Review of Sitka Secrets - CLOSED

Sitka Secrets
More attraction details
Owner description: Come with us to explore, marvel, and appreciate the wildlife that call the ocean home. We are former wildlife biologists dedicated to making your visit a memorable one. We share a perspective acquired through years of education, experience and a love for Alaska's wildlife.
Olympia, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best thing I did in Sitka”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I went out on a 3 hour wildlife boat tour with Sitka Secrets and it was the highlight of my trip to Sitka. I had heard that Sitka Marine Wildlife Tours were the Top Thing to do in Sitka and this trip proved it! We saw humpback whales, tons of sea otters, Steller sea lions, bald eagles and made a stop at St. Lazaria Island where we saw puffins and an AMAZING landscape! The value was incredible as I paid nearly as much to go on a mellow kayak tour where we just saw a few things. Kent was very knowledgeable and I highly recommend a Sitka Marine Wildlife Tour while visiting this beautiful town!

2 Thank pugetsoundwarrior

Cathlamet, Washington
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Awesome Tour, Kent & Bev Really Cater to Your Specfic Interests!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Sitka Secrets is the best guide service we have ever booked! They truly plan out your trip to fit your personal interests, and give you a close up experience you'll remember the rest of your life. We booked the tour for sea birds nesting at St. Lazaria. Kent has extensive knowledge about the birds that use the island, and on our way out he gave us lots of info about what to watch for. We saw many bird species and learned a lot about their nesting habits. The most interesting were Storm Petrels, Puffins, and Oystercatchers. On our way back he made sure we saw humpback whales and sea otters. Kent has a wealth of knowledge and leaves you with a deep appreciation for the wonderful place called Sitka, Alaska. We got far more than was promised on this tour.

2 Thank VickiRenee
Sydney, Australia
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 131 helpful votes
“Well worth a trip”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We just got off Kent's boat and had a lovely 2 hour trip around the islands.
We saw sea otters, several whales, seal lions, harbour seals, bald eagles and searched for bears, but unfortunately didn't get to see one.

1 Thank MissT603
New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Great experiences in Sitka”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I really enjoyed the 2 boat tours I did with Kent. I was traveling solo, and Bev worked hard to fit me in with other groups. The first time I went out the weather was not cooperative for going to St. lazaria, but Kent managed to locate both puffins and Rhinoceros Auklets for me, even though the others on the boat were not birders. I tried again 2 days later, and this time we made it. It was really beautiful, and we saw Horned Puffin as well as Tufted, to say nothing of nesting Murres, great views of Sea Otters, eagles, whales and much else. Kent works hard to make sure everyone sees what interests them. I would go back in a flash!

1 Thank dhviola
HomeIsWhereTheCatIs, Owner at Sitka Secrets, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thanks for coming along twice! We always enjoy repeat customers:).
Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin
132 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Super secret!!!!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had an amazing time on our Charter trip with Sitka's Secret. Bev was great working out all of the arrangements! And John did a great job showing us all the secret spots. We saw several humpbacks and got stellar "tail" photos! We also saw Eagles nest and watched it swoop down to catch a fish in the water. Saw Sea Otters up close in their natural habitat and sea loins swimming along side of the boat! John personalize the cruise to fit our needs. We were actually in Sitka as a cruise stop and Sitka's Secret was right on schedule. I would book this personal charter before booking one with the cruise line. We were a group of 6 and it was a perfect fit, there was room even for a few more. Also the captain was very informative about the land and nature. It was the highlight of our whole cruise. Thank you John and Bev!

Penguin555, Owner at Sitka Secrets, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thanks for your kind review! I'm now wondering if someone took my husband's place when I wasn't looking:o. There's really no other place Kent would rather be, than on the ocean, so thanks for giving him an excuse to be there. Bev