“New cook. Bad food.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Food has lost old standards. New menu sounds good. Poorly executed. Under seasoned, over cooked meats. Desserts disappointing. All meats have very off putting smoked flavor that tastes like it came from a bottle. Some things taste stale.

A restaurant with a history for quality is in danger of losing their following.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We dine here often and the service and food are always great. Prices are comparable to lower 48 steakhouses and the view is spectacular!

1  Thank Valorie N
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Steak and salad bar. Ordered a large cut and when my dinner showed up there were two small steaks on the plate..."We ran out of big cuts". Kinda defeats the purpose of having that big juicy center. Kudos for the courtesy van so you can get a ride after wining and dining.

1  Thank 836chris
Reviewed December 21, 2012

The hamburger I had was about half raw in the center. The place looks nice, but the food needs better attention.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I recently made a trip to Sitka to visit my boyfriend, who at the time was a recruit at the Public Safety Academy. Our vacation rental was near the Channel Club and each time we passed it, I wanted to go in. It's very upscale and the view of the water is truly amazing. So, we decided to dine there on a Saturday evening. I was very much looking forward to having salmon from where else but Alaska!
The restaurant is romantic and cozy inside and the service was excellent. It's by far the nicest restaurant on the island BUT....what a disappointment the food was. It's way overpriced. I opted for the $36 salmon entree which at first was delicious, but the farther I cut into my salmon, the more wet and slimy it was. It wasn't cooked properly. We sent the dish back to the chef and they basically microwaved it and slathered dill sauce on top. Fine. I started eating the fish again and it was still raw on the inside and smelled "off." I was too scared to eat it so the server took the dish away and removed the item from our bill. Luckily I had eaten the soup and salad bar, so I didn't leave hungry. I would recommend this restaurant in the future, but be wary of the quality of the cooking. Btw, everyone else in my dining party had no issues with their food or drinks.