“A wonderful time at the Dove Island Lodge.”
Review of Dove Island Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sitka
Dove Island Lodge
Ranked #3 of 14 Specialty Lodging in Sitka
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I just spent a long weekend at the Dove Island Lodge. The lodge is lovely and hospitable yet a little rough around the edges. The staff went out of their way to make the trip an experience to remember and they delivered.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank APHPhoto

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Bill from Neveda summed it up. We were there for 5 days in early June and we too experienced the amazing staff headed by Nicole and enjoyed getting to know each and everyone of them, who were beyond kind and welcoming. Duane and Tracie were awesome hosts and experienced. Duane was overly accommodating when my husband lost his camera at our shore lunch, out where we were fishing and he flew him back and luckily was able to find it. We also ocean fished with the amazing Cody and Bill and limited out with King Salmon, Halibut and Black cod. They were so much fun and we wish Bill much success as he pursues a career in dentistry. Side note, we have been cooking up all our fish, packed perfectly and has been so enjoyable.
Back to the lodge. The private jacuzzi was clean and at the perfect temperature. The sauna was fantastic. The beds were soooo comfortable. The food AMAZING! The chefs fed us with 5 star meals and came out and described each course they prepared with so much love. The wine selection was top notch as well.
We are looking forward to booking a trip with our two boys hopefully next season. Oh, and by the way, Sitka is charming and being Of Russian descent, I enjoyed visiting the Bishops house and the beautiful Russian Orthodox church.
In closing, this is a perfect place to enjoy what Alaska has to offer.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Niner924
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Wow! My Wife and I just returned from a five night stay at Dove Island Lodge, in Sitka, AK. The owners/operators , Duane & Tracie Lambeth were always there and very cordial. Duane went out of his way to make us feel welcome and took care of our every request. The lodge Manager Nicole and her staff were excellent and fulfilled our needs. The food was outstanding with two different Chef's sharing the cooking duties, each meal was a true experience.
We spent three days on the water fishing for salmon, halibut and rock fish. We limited out every day but one and that day we were short only one king salmon. We fished all three days on board the Show Girl, with Capt. Cody and Deck hand Bill. They put us on the fish and kept us busy reeling them in.
All I can say is, you have to experience this delightful lodge and staff, they are a truly wonderful. The excellent fishing was a real plus!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Rainbow Trout Suite, which is a two room suite and one of the largest at the lodge...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank billnevada
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My vacation was in August this was my first trip to Alaska. There is a lot of lodges to choose from in Alaska and I'm glad we went to Dove Island Lodge. The lodge is beautiful and the rooms are very nice mine had a real fireplace in it. I love the sound of crackling wood as I'm relaxing in my room. The meals were great from made to order breakfast to the 5 course dinners. I personally like the way they do the lunch. They set up a sandwich bar with all the fixn's you make your own lunch so you can make as much as you want and you have no one to blame but yourself if you don't like it. Now to the fishing experience. The captains and guides were great they know where the fish are and you can tell they love what they do. The gear is top notch from the saltwater to the fly gear for the freshwater. I like that the lodge provides everything so I was able to pack light. The owners and staff were great they want to make sure you are having fun on your vacation I must have been asked 5 times a day how my day was and if I'm havering a good time so if there was an issue I certainly had the opportunity to let them know. The chefs would even come out during dinner to make sure your enjoying your meal and explain to you what your eating and how it was made. I am looking forward to the day I get to go back. Thank you Dove Island Lodge for making this a Memorable experience

Room Tip: Book early if you want a room with a fire place they don't charge extra for them it's first...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Magicman622
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My experience was unpleasant. The lodge was dirty, the staff inattentive, the grounds cluttered and scattered with trash. The hot tub was cloudy and scummy. The beds were uncomfortable. The frequent cruise ships blocked the ocean view. The island was less remote than anticipated. For non-fishers, there is little to do. One bright spot: the dinners were lovely.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank jillilink
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My husband & I have traveled extensively & have enjoyed some of the nicest accommodations in the world from the Raffles in Singapore, the Mandarin in HongKong, the Oriental in Bangkok to gorgeous game reserves in South Africa. Dove Island is our favorite destination & we have been back almost every year for 10 years. We love the magnificent ocean setting on a private island, the warm & inviting lodge, the wonderful dining, fantastic ocean and fresh water fishing, float plane trips to glaciers, waterfalls & remote fishing lakes & streams, etc. Duane & Tracie & staff have been outstanding hosts and extremely attentive to every detail. The nightly DVD shows that Tracie puts together from guests photos of the day are great. Duane Is a master pilot in his Beaver--probably the most experienced in the area. The quaint old Russian town of Sitka is also a fun place to explore.

Room Tip: All suites are great. The cabins are perfect for families or small groups
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Corlene
Reviewed August 12, 2012

From the fields of Zimbabwe to the jungles of Brazil, Dove Island ranks in the tops of my worldwide hunting and fishing adventures. Bringing my clients here was one of my best decisions to date.

Upon arrival, the lodge was everything that had been advertised and more. I had the luxury of staying in one of the cabins. The cabin had probably the best view on the Island. Many of evenings were spent on the balcony in my private hot tub sipping on drinks and watching the bald eagles. I found the rooms to be very clean with all the amenities that I needed. Finding the fridge stocked with numerous drink selections was also a plus.

The fishing was amazing. My group spent day one and three on the open water. Due to weather problems, our first day was a hard search on the ocean for a calm and productive area. With the expertise of our guide, everyone was still able to hook-up a few times each. As expected on day three, the weather was perfect and the waters were smooth as glass. Our guide took us to one of his “secret spots” and the fish were so abundant we had to trade off reeling them in due to exhaustion.

The second day was our fly fishing experience. Other than the few mosquitos, the walks in and out were truly inspiring. This was my first try at fly fishing. With the expert tutelage of the guides, I was catching fish in no time. I was definitely in the double digits of really nice size pink salmon by the end of the day. I will surely be fly fishing more in the future.

Every evening at the same time, around seven, we were seated among three tables. I never expected the culinary creations in which I was served. Each meal started with an appetizer ranging from ceviche scallops to duck over puréed parsnips. Next course were soups like the smoked tomatoes bisque to a delightful French onion. Salads are not my forte, but every plate left my presence empty. Now the main dishes were capable of being at any five star restaurants I frequently dine. Wagyu tenderloin and pan seared ling cod were two of my favorites. Every meal was expertly seasoned to my tasting, and the chef came out personally to each table to ensure it was cooked to your liking. I would describe the deserts, but they did not sit in front of me long enough to analyze… delicious!

If wine is something you are passionate about, make sure you let the owners Dave and Tracy know. This lodge could be easily on the Wine Spectators List. Dave and Tracy also gave me a private viewing of their collection of over 4000 bottles. And for a special treat…. you must try the Back Door Cellars 2004 Cabernet Sauvignon. This is Dave and Tracy’s own vineyard and label. It is defiantly one of my new all-time favorites (don’t forget to put me on the mailing list Tracy).

To sum it all up: great food, great service, great lodging, and great fishing, This is a trip I will be making again in the future!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business