“Island in Paradise”
Review of Talon Lodge & Spa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sitka
Talon Lodge & Spa
Ranked #1 of 14 Specialty Lodging in Sitka
“Island in Paradise”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Hard to believe a fishing "lodge" could be so much like a privste resort. I spent my fishing trip at the lodge with my two sons, mother and father! The sights were amazing with bald eagles sharing overhead, whale just off shore and salmon from the dock who could ask former?
Did I mention the fishing? We had a blast! Salmon, halibut, rock fish and more- we had three amazing days. The crew helped us bait the lines and coached us when needed. Loads of great fishing translated to loads of good fish to take home and share with family and friends.
Food was never better. Gourmet dinners each night served night where shared our stories from the days adventure. Good food, good wines and lot of laughs capped off each day.
We will be back this summer to enjoy the adventure all over again
Can't wait!!!

• Stayed August 2011
4 Thank dlemicetic1

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
scottsdale
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Talon Lodge was an incredible and amazing place. My three sons and father-in-law experienced magnificent service and the accomodations were perfect. The food was tremendous and was only topped by the quality of the service we received every minute we were there. I am not sure how Phil and Gwen get the passionate commitment to customer service out of their team, but they do. The fishing - bar none - superb and unmatched. Not only is fishing in this area breathtaking, the catch was better than I imagined it could be. It was fun, exciting and trip of a lifetime. I say that, but everyone wants to go back and do it again. That is how good it was. We thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of the trip to Talon Lodge and would recommend to anyone who asks.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank john t
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 31, 2011

This was the most incredible vacation that we have ever had! If you love to fish as well as being pampered with impeccable service and outstanding food and wine...pack your bags, because this is the place for you! My husband and I just visited in August 23-27, 2011. The attention to customer service is incredible and Phil and Gwen make guests feel like they are part of the family and it was apparent when their children, Jessica and Cole, greeted us at the airport. Our boat captain and deck hand, Jason and Tyler, were knowledgeable, safe and FUN! We caught and brought back 110 pounds of salmon, halibut, ling cod and rockfish filets professionally packages and vacuum sealed for our trip home. The spa services are fantastic and positioned on a scenic bluff that overlooks the island. Brittany and Jenna, massage therapists, are fantastic at kneading away every sore muscle after 8 hours of fishing. Alicia, the skilled bartender, remembers every drink and detail about guests and makes having cocktails and sharing fish stories before dinner relaxing and memorable events! Dave and Chad, the chefs, make the most incredible 4 course dinners paired with wines that Phil picks to compliment our scrumptious dining. It was VERY hard to have to come home to my cooking. We thoroughly enjoyed our days at Talon Lodge and I bet you will too!

1 Thank bushola
Tulsa
Reviewed August 22, 2011

The Talon Lodge is absolutely first-rate. It's situated on an island off the coast of Sitka, and it's one of the most beautiful settings I've ever witnessed. The views are simply stunning. And the grounds are meticulously maintained.

Owners Phil and Gwen are on-site, totally commited, and very approachable. Their hand-picked staff is extraordinary and provides excellent service.

The food -- prepared by highly trained chefs and paired with excellent wines -- is top notch. And the bars (one indoors and one on the patio) are fully stocked.

Rooms are very spacious, well-appointed, and offer amazing views.

And the fishing? Well, it's about as good as it gets. The guides and boat captains know the local waters well,

If you're looking for the perfect Alaskan getaway, look no further than the Talon Lodge.

Paul James
The Gardener Guy

1 Thank PaulJamesTulsa
Sacramento, California
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I just returned from my 4th visit to Talon Lodge, confident that there will be many more return visits in the future. I've had the good fortune to stay at hunting and fishing lodges across much of the U.S. and Talon is far superior in terms of accommodations, service, cuisine and amenities It had been a few years since my last visit and I was pleasantly surprised to find the new outdoor bar and lounge area. Relaxing on the couch near the fire pit while enjoying a great glass of wine and taking in the unmatched scenery will provide a lifetime of memories. Over the years at Talon, I've been able to go deep for halibut and kings, take a float plane into the high country for trout and kayak around the island for rockfish and a bonus lingcod or two.
Although the fishing is as good as anywhere I've been in Alaska, kicking back at Talon is a great way to spend a day. Get a massage, enjoy the peaceful surroundings and watch the bald eagles cruise the island...it's as peaceful as it could possibly be.

Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Went back again this year in July. My 4th time in 7 years. Love the fishing, food, wine and the people. See you next year in August.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Saint Helena
Reviewed August 1, 2011

The Talon Lodge in Sitka is one of a kind! We did not know what to expect of our deep sea fishing adventure and the experience exceeded our expectations! Not only is it a beautiful part of the world, the level of service, attention to detail, the amazing food, friendly staff and family environment left us longing to stay! The fishing was a "hook" and, when coupled with spa amentities, elegant cuisine, and beautiful wines ~ we have recommended it to our friends and family and know we will return! Book your stay now ~ this little gem will not be a secret for long!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family