“Sitka by the Sea”

Sitka Sound Ocean Adventures
Ranked #1 of 34 Tours in Sitka
More attraction details
Owner description: Sitka Sound Ocean Adventures is an Alaskan family-owned business. We employ a select group of exceptional guides who proudly specialize in small-group and private adventures. Join us for a sea kayak adventure to explore the very heart of one of the most spectacular marine wilderness environments in the world. We offer a range of services to match any schedule ability and preference - guided day trips, multi-day expeditions, outfitting and water taxi. Let's go paddling!
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Sitka is one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited, the people friendly, the landscape breathtaking , Sitka is a maritime city, and it is best experienced from the water. Ocean Adventures is the way to go.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Six of us, from eleven to 56, went out into the sound for four or so hours this summer, with Dana as our guide. Beautiful day, scenery and experience. I can't recommend the time enough, and Dana is as good as they get, in pleasant personality, charm and knowledge.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife and I visited Sitka Sound on our Alaska cruise (Celebrity Century) in Sept and had a wonderful kayaking experience with Sitka Sound Ocean Adventures. Directions to the Big Blue Bus were easy to follow and on arrival we were greeted by Allison who helped us complete some paperwork before giving us each a "soon to be world famous" homemade cookie. We were then given our gear and Mitch provided us with our dry land training before getting launched for some practice time. It was a beautiful day with excellent conditions on the water - perfect for my wife as it was her first time in a kayak!! Mitch was a very entertaining guide, giving us information on various points of interest along our beautiful and scenic route. We enjoyed a delicious light lunch at the end of the trip before being picked up and taken back to the harbor by John in the power boat. A big thanks to John for the slight detour to see some sea otters relaxing in the waves!! A truly memorable experience on our Alaska cruise!!
Many thanks from Doug & Rachel

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We had no problem finding the location even though our cruise ship was the first to dock instead of tender requiring us to be shuttled to Sitka. We were soon outfitted and Ajay had us practicing our paddle work. I have been in rougher water, but never the size of swells we saw as we headed out. We were very comfortable with Ajay and enjoyed the random chatter and information about the area we were seeing. The stop at the fort was cool. Then we introduced Ajay to Geocaching and nabbed our first Cache in Alaska in a spot you can only access by water. Thanks guys.. we loved our day in Sitka.

1  Thank Mari Anne H
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I just took the most awesome Kayaking adventure with Sitka Sound Ocean Adventures from the Big Blue Bus in Crescent Harbor.. I have lived here in Sitka for over three years and always wanted to kayak..but, was a bit intimidated by the thought of it.not being too coordinated or skilled on the water...but today, I bit the bullet and booked an excursion..I am so glad I did.. So lucky to have such an amazing guide as Ajay..he took away all the anxiety immediately and turned the day into one that I'll never forget...He gave great instruction and I felt totally at ease and prepared before we hit the water.. The equipment was of high quality and the trip could not have been more fun..The perfect way to see the beauty of Sitka from the sea and experience the wildlife around and in Sitka sound..Thank you Ajay and Sitka Sound Ocean adventures for such a day ..Amazing, for real.. I highly recommend this adventure to everyone..