“Good food in a historic buidling.”
Review of The Larkspur Cafe

The Larkspur Cafe
Ranked #2 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Sitka
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Anchorage, Alaska
“Good food in a historic buidling.”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The buidling tnat house this cafe is old by Alaskan standards, early 20th century. The food is very good, the dessert is the best, nice beer selection. I have only had dinner here twice but I enjoyed it both times, some itmes are better than others, so choose wisley.

Visited July 2012

Wadena, Minnesota
“Great little place! Enjoyed the food and atmosphere.”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Walking around the area we found the Larkspur and after talking to a local we tried it. Delicious food and great atmosphere. Enjoyed our visit there and would advise anyone going to Sitka to try it out!

Visited June 2012
“Cluttered atmosphere, smelled old and dusty. Food was not good.”
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

The tacos were sounding appetizing at first glance on the menu with a choice of spicy rock fish, beans & corn, pulled pork or chorizo so I asked the waitress for her recommendation she said the spicy rock fish was great, so that's what I ordered it was served on a corn tortilla with cilantro and pico de gillo. The fish did not taste fresh and it was not spicy. It tasted like it was microwaved! I was served re heated fish! For $15 a plate that is unacceptable! The fish was stringy dry and chewy the corn tortillas were to thin and they were dried out. The tacos were falling apart as I was trying to eat them! Luckily they have a bottle of chalula hot sauce sitting on the center of the table as that was the only flavor in my dish and it came from a bottle of cheap hot sauce!

The atmosphere was miserable. When I walked in no one greated me I felt confused as there was not even a sign saying "seat yourself" all of the tables and chairs were old and ugly and so smashed together the counter where you pay was cluttered with baked goods if you are OCD or clostraphobic this is not the place for you. Also if you are looking for professional friendly service I would go anywhere else the dock shack is right across the street I highly recommend going there instead.

Terre Haute, Indiana, United States
“a great place on their good day”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I ate twice here. Once I had salmon and it was excellent. The next time I tried the fish tacos and they were only so so.

Visited August 2012
Greenbank, Washington
“XLNT LUNCH !”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We had a deeelish lunch here ... fresh n' healthy fare - with superb n' friendly service !

Good vibes here too !