“Gracious welcome”

Circa '31 at the Mimslyn Inn
Ranked #5 of 39 Restaurants in Luray
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is such a gracious lovely place. You feel welcome at once and it is the only place I ever stay in Luray. The beautiful architecture and graceful furnishings whisk you back in time and make every visit a treat and a relaxing vacation.

There are newer reviews for Circa '31 at the Mimslyn Inn

Reviewed September 12, 2012

The Maitre'd was excellent as was our server! Dinner was fantastic! We thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience and ambiance!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I'll admit it--I was surprised that Circa '31 was as good as it was. And it was, outstanding. Having stayed and dined at several inns throughout Virginia, I was expecting the usual, good food, friendly service, but not necessarily a stand-out experience, I am pleased to report that Circa '31 shattered my expectations.

The staff was friendly and attentive--there when you need them, but not hovering. The food was the stand out. From the amuse to the dessert, everything we had was wonderful. We chose the wine pairing menu and found each of the local wines an excellent complement to each course.

When you consider that the dinner we had was easily equal to, or superior to, some of the better restaurants in DC, the price is quite remarkable--$35 per person for three courses, $15 per person for the wine pairings--$50 per person for a delightfully wonderful meal and wine in what is also a very charming dining room is impossible to beat. If you're staying at the Mimslyn Inn, or just in the area, don't miss the Circa '31.

Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

We went for the four course meal ($35) with wine pairing ($15). I had the salmon as an entree which was great. The service was very attentive and friendly. The atmosphere was nice (even though we had a view of the inmates next door cutting the grass). I would recommend this to anyone looking for a nice upscale dinner in Luray.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We would have stayed at the Inn except we had our dogs with us. However, we made it a point to go to their restaurant for the wine dinner. It was excellent - the food was delicious and was paired wonderfully with Virginia wines. We will definitely return!