“a very private place in the woods with all the...”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 3 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
george du...
“a very private place in the woods with all the comforts of home.”
Reviewed July 3, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

a private small cabin in the woods it was with lots of wildlife and farm animals to see.There was lots of caverns in the area including luray.We saw cooters garage if you know anything about the duke boys?Good fishing in the shanendoah river.Had a fun time.Hope to return for tubing down the river.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
ovajoyed
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
“Relaxing”
Reviewed June 25, 2017 for a stay in June 2017
people found this review helpful

The Nest is located in Shenandoah, Virginia. It has every thing you need. It's a pet friendly home away from home. Just bring the food and seasonings! I took my husband there for a Father's Day Weekand get-away. He was surprised and enjoyed himself. There's a fire pit, a deck that goes all the way around, cable TV, radio, walk-in shower (no bathtub or jacuzzi). They also provide you with bird seeds to feed all the birds that will come and visit you on the deck. Just right off the property is Shenandoah River where we enjoyed fishing and watching people rafting of canoeing. You will not be disappointed by the location.

Ok, so now for the cons of The Nest... I would recommend that you bring your own sheets, towels, wash cloth's, and dish rags. When we washed dishes there were strands of hair stuck in the rags that eventually got on the dishes. There's was also someone's else's hair on the towels and wash cloth's. I would recommend that management wash the kitchen laundry separately. We understood that The Nest was pet friendly, but we didn't didn't expect to see as much dog hair as we did. I'm assuming that some people allow there dogs on the furniture. The couch was covered in dog hair as well as the bedding comforter in the bigger bedroom. The floor seemed as if it hadn't been swept before we arrived either. When I swept the floor there was a lot of dirt and dog hair on the floor. The shower had hair in the drain and on the shower walls. In a nutshell I would recommend that management do a better job of the cleanliness of The Nest.

Would I recommend this place? Yes I would. I just hope that management does a better job of ensuring that the place is cleaned.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing