“Best stay of our life”

Ranked #7 of 14 Luray B&B and Inns
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Best stay of our life”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We were met at the door by Donna, she welcomed us, and was very professional. She cooks a fantastic breakfast and the smell filled our room!! We stayed in the Rooftop Suite at the Woodruff House. The room was quiet, quaint, inviting. Romantic!! We had the jaccuzi, dimmed lights, candles and champagne. We toured Luray, barbbq at Shenandoah. It was the perfect weekend and I recomend to any couple looking to escape to stay here and be spoiled. This by far was the most romantic, beautiful trip we have ever had and the accomodations at the Woodruff House made the difference ! Thank you for an amazing weekend !

Room Tip: Rooftop Suite at the Woodruff House was quiet, and VERY romantic!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Danielle R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Luray
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Me and My Girlfriend, after having a full of stressed work/job, wanted to spent some time in a calm and romantic environment. Therefore, we had decided to spent a week or so in woodruff, Luray as it was not far from my home town and one of my friend also told me about the services and location of this romantic place. Very truly, whatever i had heard or read before arriving to this place i have found much more then that and every thing was awesome. My girlfriend was really happy and satisfied. I can just say that this is place where me and my girlfriend ever enjoyed the most. Food quality, spacious rooms, staff cooperation, cleanliness, scenic views, everything was praiseworthy. I will certainly recommend that this is the excellent and perfect place to stay with your beloved one.

3 Thank fred h
Chesapeake, VA
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stayed at one of Woodruff Inns cabins down by the Shenandoah river about 10 minutes outside of Luray. The cabin was beautiful with a rustic decor!! The scenery was breathtaking! It was like camping but with all the amenities!! The town of Luray was only about a 10 minute drive. The neighbors were very welcoming!! And we appreciated the amazing customer service Woodruff Inn provided us with. We are very much looking forward to a trip back when we can stay longer!!

Virginia
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I and my wife went to Luray VA for spending our week end. We saw the environment of the town so we decided to spend 2 days there. I immediately checked some local guides and found Woodruff House the best among them from all aspects. We had really a great room and a great breakfast. We ate dinner at the Victorian inn it had marvelous atmosphere and the manager and his team was so polite and friendly and attended all visitors many times. It was less costly and had fabulous attractions.

4 Thank Charles C
California City, California
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I was having awesome and wonderful time at this gem Woodruff House. One of my friends suggested me this beautiful historic place. All credit goes to management and staff took lots of care to make our visit a romantic. Our room was clean, spacious and beautiful. When I compared my last year visit on other b&b I really rate this HOUSE the best.

My wife was so happy and satisfied because this beautiful House located in the attractive town of Luray in the Shenandoah Mountains. We will surely go back again on this great gem of Luray.

Room Tip: Rooms are clean, spacious and beautiful.
2 Thank Raymond J
Virginia, Illinois
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I visited Luray, VA with my wife. Luray, VA was awesome place really and I enjoyed a lot. My trip as Honeymoon was successful as one of my friends suggested me to stay at Woodruff House I booked there and I was satisfied in all aspects from food to accommodation everything was perfect! Raquel, my wife really appreciated my selection. Thank you Woodruff House!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Billy V
Canada
Reviewed March 18, 2012

My husband and I happened upon the town to Luray, Va. We liked the town and decided to spend the night. We found Woodruff House and had a great room and a great breakfast.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luray
The Mimslyn Inn
#4 of 9 in Luray
Days Inn Luray Shenandoah
Best Western Intown Luray
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock

Been to Woodruff House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!