“NICE GET A WAY” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 14 Luray B&B and Inns
Richmond, Virginia
“NICE GET A WAY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2011

My husband and I did not know where we were going when we got into the car. We just started driving and ended up in the little town of Luray. We found the Woodruff House bed and breakfast and what a find it was. The young lady, Donna, was so nice and welcomed us in her house with open arms. The house was charming and the room we had, Rooftop was amazing. she let us see the rest of the rooms before other guest arrived and they were as lovely and the ours. She had town information ready and let us know about the activities in town including the free concert down town. That was real nice and all the people in luray seem to be friendly. We asked several people where we should eat and most of them quickly told us about the Victorian Inn Restaruant. We went there for dinner and it was amazing. Hard to beleive you can find that kind of food in such a small town. Fine dinning, but casual atmospher. Our trip was AMAZING. Nice get a way from the busy life that we live. We well def be back again.

Room Tip: Bring a hair dryer as they don't have them.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank fun4all31

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2011

The Woodruff House is beautiful place, my kids and wife had a wonderful time there. I would like to give credit to Donna, if it wasn’t for her the trip wouldn’t be as great as it was. Thanks Donna will see you soon! Would recommend to all.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kevin123444
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2011

My daughter and I were stuck in the Shenandoahs at midnight with no place to stay on Easter weekend. I found the Woodruff on line. Donna had two rooms left. She offered to discount the cheaper one to fit our budget but there was only one bed in that room. When we got there, we realized she had changed the rooms and given us the more expensive suite for the same price. It was hands down the most beautiful room I have ever slept in. It was a suite in the attic of an old Victorian home, with exposed rustic wood, slanted ceilings, and turreted rooms. The master queen bed was amazing and the second day bed was perfect for the two of us! The next morning, the breakfast was way over the top - fruit, pancakes, bacon, eggs to order, and crispy hash browns! Also very friendly company. Thank you so much!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank rucks47
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2011

I had an amazing time staying at the Woodruff House. It's a beautiful historic home and it is run by a wonderful couple, Jon and Donna Mitchell. The new management has taken great care to make their guests' stay a romantic visit. My room was spacious, clean, and homey. And the value for my stay was great compared to other B&Bs I looked at. Also, it's located in the beautiful town of Luray in the Shenandoah Mountains. I'm so glad I stayed there and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank happyguest96
Jabbeke, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2011

We stayed with a very young baby. The rooms and bath room were very clean and very cosy and typical. Donna, the lady who welcomed and served us, prepared us a wonderful breakfast. If you plan to visit the Luray Caverns, combine it with a stay in this friendly house!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank joseve
Pikesville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2011

It was the most pleasant experience I've had in a very long time. The staff was quick to make my reservation and accommodate me. The suite I stayed in was spotless and welcoming and had a marvelous jacuzzi tub, I simply could not ask for more. It was great to be so near to downtown Luray . Summed up in two words it was the "perfect escape". Planning on visiting very soon!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank N0rman_R
Luray, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2011

What a wonderful place and perfect get-a-way!! I came in for a vacation and thats exactly what I got! Breakfast was to "die for", the perfect "down to earth, country breakfast"! The rooms were beautiful! The Mitchells, Donna and Jon, provided great hospitality, and are great people. Thanks again for a wonderful stay at you Bed and Breakfast, and we will see you again soon.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MrsLenardson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luray
The Mimslyn Inn
#4 of 9 in Luray
Days Inn Luray Shenandoah
BEST WESTERN Intown Luray
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock

Been to Woodruff House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!