Review Highlights
Great Visit

Great little distillery and winery fun visit. Owner gave tour and easy to see pride in their work... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Va5traveler
Waynesboro, Virginia
via mobile
Whiskey, Shine, Good Ole Times! This is the place.

So I've done several distillery visits and tours and have yet to be walked around by the Master... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Kmil05
richmond

Recommended experiences in and around Luray
from $25.00
More Info
All reviews corn whiskey fruit wines distilling process apple pie small distillery sweet potato small batches making whiskey whole process concord grape mixed berry raised beef great tour distillery tour nice family run private tour visiting luray
Selected filters
Reviewed May 9, 2017

My girlfriend and I stopped in on Saturday and took part in their wine tasting/brewery tour. This place is as mom and pop as it gets, the family runs the place and we were given a tour by the brewery owner Fred. Although I image he's done the tour thousands of times by now, he still had a great attitude and banter and seemed like he loves what he does. Had some of the best fruit wine I've ever had, then got a full tour of the distillery and the process of making bourbon/whiskey. Next time we visit Virginia, this place is our first stop. Can't wait for the blackberry and wildberry wine to come in season!

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed April 13, 2017

We stopped in at River Hill during a weekend getaway to the Shenandoah. Fred and his wife run an awesome, super-micro family operation at River Hill. We tried the country wine - something I initially was a bit squeemish about because I hate sweet fruit wines. But the berry wine was DELIGHTFUL. I bought two bottles to make spritzers with other the summer! We got a tour of the small distillery operation...but they are doing A LOT with a little. The corn whiskey was insanely smooth, and the bourbon was delicious. We bought a bottle of each to share with friends! Great little spot.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed April 7, 2017

Stopped in on our way out of town simply based on trip advisor reviews. Must say did not disappoint. Mr. Foley was very friendly, eager to show my wife and I how he makes his whiskey and offered samples of everything. I am a bourbon guy and have had all the 50 dollar and below 750ML bottles you can imagine, and I must say Mr. Foley's bourbon is top notch. Corn whiskey is not my thing (unless in the form of apple pie) however Mr. Foley's was smooth and very drinkable strait/neat. I have friends who spend high dollars on bourbon whiskey and will slip this in for a tasting to see what they say and post an update. I wont be surprised when it gets compared to bourbon at twice the price.
Wines were also very good. The wife and I purchased a bottle of wine and bourbon and left happy and glad we made the visit.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed April 6, 2017 via mobile

This is a great distillery. The owner was awesome and very accomdating. He was very happy to talk about his distillery. If you can, you should try his wines as well. This is a fully operating farm and they sell beef from their own cattle. If you are in the area it is a must to stop in on a Saturday!

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed March 31, 2017 via mobile

The owner is very friendly and welcoming! He showed us around the entire place. It is a very family oriented atmosphere, which makes every one feel welcome. We tried the corn whiskey, bourbon, and all the wines. They were all fantastic!!! We even bought a bottle of each because we couldn't leave without them!! I would recommend this place to anyone!!

Date of experience: March 2017