“A clean comfortable place to stay”

Best Western Intown Luray
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Luray
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“A clean comfortable place to stay”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband & I stayed here for two nights while hiking in the Shenandoah National Forest. The room was modern, clean, and spacious. The bathroom was clean and the bed & pillows were comfortable. We did have some difficulty figuring out how to turn on the tv, but the woman at the front desk was very helpful. The thermostat on the A/C heating unit was hard to regulate. Either the room was way too hot or freezing cold. We could not find a comfortable inbetween. There is a restaurant downstairs for breakfast. You get a 20% discount coupon at check in. The menu was basic and did not have much variety. (There was no fruit available, no skim or low fat milk). My husband enjoyed his breakfasts. I felt my eggs (cooked over easy) were smothered in butter. But all in all, the service at the restaurant was quick, friendly and convenient.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Margie C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Ok, so here's what I think about trying to find a decent place to hunker down when I'm out of town. These are the things that are important to me and my family. Price, location, cleanliness, comfortable beds, safety, good parking, good A/C and heat, decent check in and check out times, courteous front desk staff, and having a restaurant on location never hurts. This place has all of the above. We only stayed one night, but we had a great stay. The shower/tub/toilet are in one room, with the vanity outside. They have a medium size fridge (that worked well; important for us because my son is a Type one diabetic and we have to keep his insulin refrigerated). They had a small microwave, blow dryer, coffee maker with complimentary condiments. The beds are firm (we had a king size), They had a desk and small recliner in our room too. Not a bug in sight! I looked, believe me. The tv was a nice flat screen. They have the usual ice machine and vending machines as well. If you are looking for a very decent place to stay that won't break the bank, this is it. We were very satisfied. And, if you like Italian food, I highly reccomend Gennaro's that is located right across the parking lot. Great food!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor within hearing distance of the main road, but did not hear a thing!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Southampton, New Jersey
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Room was clean. Great location, Luray Caverns is just down the road. Quiet area. Beds were not the most comfortable, hard. Door lock kept giving us a hard time. Little restaurant down stairs was great for breakfast, great service there!

• Stayed October 2012
Northern CA
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights. Did 3 day hikes in the National Park and one 32 mile bike ride in the valley. This motel is reminiscent of the auto courts in the '50s. It was clean and comfortable. Most of the time I stayed it was not full so I did not experience any noise issues. It is only a short drive from the park and had several very good restaurants within walking distance. The caverns are also a short walk away. I thought it was a good value compared to other available motels in area.The front desk people were also friendly and helpful. Did experience some internet drop out issues but most of the time it worked. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The back rooms seemed a bit quieter than those in front. less street noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Virginia Beach
Reviewed September 15, 2012

This is an older motel but well kept up and clean. Nice big flat screen TV and firm beds. Instead of a free buffet they have their own restaurant where you get a 20% off coupon for breakfast dining so you get a hot meal made to order. The meals were reasonably priced and quite good. The hotel is about a mile from the Luray caverns complex. It is built on a small lot with a slope so the sidewalk path to the office is a bit hazardous if you are mobility challenged.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The rooms are clean and with the air conditioner running it was quiet. I wanted a 1 night stay so we could see the Luray Caverns so this fit the need. The rooms need to be updated as they are showing wear.

The pool is not heated and it is also needs some work but the water was very clean so after six hours of driving it felt good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
New York, NY
Reviewed August 28, 2012

They want you out at 11am and aren't shy about making sure that happens. At 10:45, the maid banged (not knocked) on the door and when she saw we were dressed and packing, she left. Then five minutes later, the front desk called to make sure we were leaving. It's a good thing she explained it was a "courtesy" call because it felt like a "get the hell out of here now" call. At 11:03, the maid banged on the door again. When we pulled out of the parking lot at 11:10, the maids were all in back smoking. So was it really necessary to throw us out?

Had I written the review the night before, I would have said it was an older hotel but with great staff. The night manager greeted me cheerfully, even though I arrived at 1am. He watched me walk to my room and waited until I got in before leaving -- which may have been more for his convenience than mine, but I appreciated it anyway. The bathroom exhaust fan was incredibly noisy and everything is dated. But it was clean, and the sheets smelled good.

I left rushed, feeling like a criminal, so I definitely do not recommend this place. In fact, I was so annoyed, I refused to stay at any Best Westerns for the rest of my two-week vacation. Go elsewhere where your business is appreciated. I had great experiences at Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ny-traveler2008

Travelers are raving about these Luray hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Luray
The Mimslyn Inn
Hotel Laurance
#3 of 9 in Luray
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock
Quality Inn Shenandoah Valley

Been to Best Western Intown Luray? Share your experiences!