$80
$77
$68
Budget Inn(Luray)
$80
The Mimslyn Inn(Luray)(Great Value!)
$125
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $141/night.

$195
Woodruff House Bed & Breakfast(Luray)(Great Value!)
$139
Hotels.com
$85
The Inn of the Shenandoah(Luray)(Great Value!)
$160
TripAdvisor
Skyland(Shenandoah National Park)
$165
$141
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $161/night.

All reviewsnature trailladybug cabinshenandoah national parkred velvet cakebaked goodsbeautiful timberskyline drivemy husband and idelicious pastriesevening bonfirecompletely fell in loveowners liveperfect place to celebratequiet cabinstayed longerexploring the areapiece of heaven
Reviewed October 17, 2011

My husband and I just got back from our belated anniversary trip where we stayed the weekend at SME in the Bumble Bee cabin. It was unbelievably charming and the owners, Ralph and Karen, were so helpful, friendly and kind. They were more than happy to help us and went above and beyond to accommodate our requests.

The location is very close to the Shenandoah National Park (3 miles away) and we went hiking there each day. Everything in the cabin was comfortable and clean. I loved that there was a fireplace in the Bumble Bee cabin -- it was the first fire of the season but Ralph was more than happy to build us a fire and make sure we had starter, kindling and wood. I also liked the full kitchen because I had premade all of our food at home and brought it down.

The Bumble Bee cabin is in the same building as one other cabin but we never heard the occupants. It was very romantic and peaceful!

Also, they have a 10% military discount which we appreciated very much. Finally, use their directions to get to the cabin! They're detailed instructions and I don't think our GPS would have found it well.

Room Tip: If you like fires, definitely choose the Bumble Bee cabin! It has a lovely stone fireplace that my husband and I used every night. Ralph even started the first fire for us!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank freeswim15
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I booked a (surprise) trip to Shadow Mountain Escape for my parents to celebrate their 50th anniversary. I cannot say enough about how Karen went out of her way to make sure my parents would have a memorable weekend. From the wonderful baked goods she sent to me (along with a lovely gift certificate to present to my parents), to the 50th anniversary cake she baked to welcome them. Every detail is thoughtful and special.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melissambz
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I stayed here with my boyfriend in August 2011 and absolutely fell in love with the charm of the place. The owner, Karen, promptly appeared as we pulled in and quickly gave us a run down of the property and local places to visit. Then she disappeared and we were left with peace and privacy for the rest of the weekend. She had even baked some delicious pastries for us and dropped off marshmallows for a campfire. The Butterfly is such a pretty and comfortable cabin and we felt totally relaxed there. We went hiking on Skyline drive and had a couple of meals in Luray (both were good). The drive from the DC area was short and picturesque (as you got closer to the property). This is a must visit escape and I know we'll be back. Can't say enough good things!

Room Tip: We loved the Butterfly.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SunnyRiverElla
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Our group of university friends has stayed at Shadow Mountain Escape every summer since 2005. Since day one, Karen has helped us with every aspect of organizing our group getaway. She is a pleasant and discreet hostess. She's available to answer our questions while still leaving us free to feel like this little piece of paradise is all ours for a few days. The rooms are spotlessly clean, the kitchen fully equipped, the property an absolute joy for us to run around and play.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank cbella217
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Let me tell you my story and why I love and adore Shadow Mountain Escape - I was looking for a beautiful, quiet, romantic location to have my wedding and after looking at numerous websites and visiting various locations, I decided Shadow Mountain Escape was the perfect location. I was completely right in so many ways. Not only was the property truly tranquil and peaceful, but the owners, Ralph and Karen, are one of the most hospitable, personable and truly wonderful individuals I have ever met. They both went the extra mile in so many ways to make sure our day turned out to be as memorable as it should.

The morning of our wedding, Ralph was outside, in the rain, planting flowers around the property for our special day and Karen had baked a delicious cake and made the best cookies I have ever tasted!!! The energy, happiness and excitement that Ralph and Karen enthused calmed my wedding jitters and helped me relax and enjoy the most important day in my life. Amazingly, right before the wedding started, the sky cleared and the sun began to shine. Karen was also gracious enough to be our personal photographer and took beautiful, professional looking pictures that are truly stunning. The next day, at our front door, we found a two keepsake mugs with the Shadow Mountain Escape logo and a photo book of our wedding that Karen must have stayed up most of the night putting together!!!

Not only is Ralph and Karen the most hospitable owners I have ever come across, but their property is truly beautiful. There are four cabins (Butterfly, Dragonfly, Bumble Bee and Lady Bug) and each is filled with unique items from the owners’ travels abroad. Everywhere you look; there is something else unique to admire – a coco clock here, a painted armoire there and a wood carving over there. The property is extremely clean, well taken care of and the beds are comfortable. We stayed at the Bumble Bee cabin since that is my fiancé’s, or I should say, husband’s nickname and the cabin is filled with items from Germany, which is where I got engaged! As you can see, there is a lot of sentimental value for us towards Shadow Mountain Escape, but Ralph and Karen were the ones who made our day relaxing, joyful, and memorable.

If you want to get away from city life and enjoy a relaxing day in the beauty of Shenandoah Valley, don’t hesitate and book a cabin at Shadow Mountain Escape. Ralph and Karen, thank you for making our special day truly memorable which we will hold near and dear to our hearts forever.

Check out the photos - http://www.shadowmountainescape.com/

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple