“Sweet”

Bear Mountain Ziplines
Ranked #1 of 3 Tours in Luray
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Go ahead, get carried away...at Bear Mountain Ziplines in Luray, VA. Our Mama Bear Zipline tour includes 7 ziplines, for a total of 2700 ft of line racing through the forest canopy at up to 35 miles an hour. The last 1000 ft stretch brings you out over a meadow to land on the tower above our 3-story Bear Scramble climbing wall. Your trip starts with a rustic ride up a mountain road behind the tractor, where you’ll get comfortable with the zipline safety gear and procedures on the training zipline. Our professional guides have all been trained according to Association of Challenge Course (ACCT) requirements. We can confidently offer a safe as well as invigorating experience. We also offer a Bear Scramble climbing wall. Scramble up our 3-story climbing wall to ring the bell at the top. Our wall has multiple ascent paths and accommodates two climbers at a time, so you can come with a group and race your friends to the top! Access to the wall is available in half-hour increments, giving users many chances to improve their times, or try out a trickier path up. We use a state-of-the-art auto-belay system, allowing climbers to use the wall unassisted and rappel down under supervision by our certified guides. Please note that participants must weigh between 70 and 250 lbs and be at least 8 years of age to participate in the Mama Bear Zipline tour. The Bear Scramble can accommodate guests who weigh between 50 and 300 lbs.
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I'm a traveling nurse and wanted something fun to do. I decided to do the zip line then experience the caves. The zip line was quite the experience. It was really fun especially the very last line. Up to 35 mph, it was sweet. It's a great thing to do with a group or even on your own. You will meet people when you're there.

All reviews
"blast"
in 20 reviews
"gear"

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Granddaughter enjoyed it. This was something she and I wanted to do, but tour only had one slot left. She was a little worried, but did go it alone and had a blast. The staff was so friendly and nice and the dog was a pal to all. I wish we could have seen their faces taking off. The facility is easy to find and makes for a wonderful adventure. It only takes 1 1/2 hours and gives memories to last. The day we went was rainy, but not at the top of the mountain and was only misting when zipliners came down. It was an awesome experience for our granddaughter and are so glad we took her.

1  Thank F Y
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Bear Mountain Ziplines is a great, family-owned place. It was my husband and my first time ziplining and the staff were very friendly, professional/experienced, and very safe. I'd recommend anyone to experience ziplining with them!

1  Thank S R
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Our first time Zip lining and this small family owned company was great!! Excellent experience - A must try in Luray!!