“Enjoyable”

The Purple Door Cafe and Konditorei
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Opened in June 2012, the Purple Door has a full lunch and dinner menu, freshly-baked pastries and desserts, daily specials, and more!
Gibbstown
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

After a long day traveling Skyline Drive on our motorcycles, The Purple Door Café provided a wonderful respite. Food was good and the chef was very friendly.

Visited July 2014

Smithfield, Virginia
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Just visited this restaurant this past weekend and it was great. Great service, food and atmosphere. Nice and quiet. Will go back again next time in Luray and highly recommend this restaurant over others in the area.

• Visited July 2014
Clearwater, Florida
“Not to be missed ...”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

A Girlfriend Weekend took us to Luray; The Purple Door was a quiet Victorian House that just called to us to see what it was "all about". The Purple Door is NOT TO BE MISSED!!!! Each of our meals and the desserts were exceptional and our taste buds did a happy dance. Not one complaint ... except, none of us live in the area and won't be able to return "any time soon". However, if you are headed to Luray, make sure you have a meal at The Purple Door!!! We all remarked how clean everything was, people were dining on the porch, inside, but we had a window seat table, which was just charming. Two weeks later and back to the routine of life ... we are still talking about the remarkable meal and enchanting time we discovered at The Purple Door!

4 Thank Bobbi34141
Rixeyville, Virginia
“Nice place to dine on a Saturday evening”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We stopped her on a Saturday evening about 2 weeks ago. We were looking for somewhere different to go to dinner. We loved this place. The food was delicious! The chef is a young guy who also runs the restaurant for his mother-in-law. He is very friendly, very attentive and even stood and waited while we cut the steak to make sure it was cooked to our liking. He sat for a minute and talked to us and even told us of a great overlook very close by where we could see all of the Shenandoah Valley. This place is a cute old house, decorating very nice. I would recommend this place and we will definitely be going back. While we were there, there was an older couple eating their dinner and they love the place also and when they left they said they would definitely be coming again.If you are every in the area, I would suggest stopping in!

2 Thank Michele S
Blue Ridge, Virginia
“Excellent dining experience.”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

My sister in law and I spent the day at Luray Caverns. After a fun and active day, we were really hungry. Several folks recommended a Steak House to me, but after checking my TripAdvisor app., we decided on The Purple Door.

The moment we walked in, we were greeted cordially and shown to a table. We were a little baffled, as there weren't any other folks in the place, and while we were there, nobody came in. I found that disappointing, since the whole meal was fantastic.

The service was FAST! My dinner salad was superb... fresh greens, tomatos, diced cucumbers... And the Blue Cheese dressing was loaded with CHUNKS of cheese, not just creamy dressing. I had the salmon and am really picky about my seafood. It didn't taste fishy at all, and was perfectly prepared. The bread was homemade butter rolls, and they melted in our mouths.

For dessert, my sister in law had the Peanut Butter pie. I had a Chocolate/Peanut Butter scone. Mmmmmm!

This restaurant makes it's main money through catering tea-room events upstairs. However, it's a wonderful restaurant and certainly deserves a full-house and patrons. Give it a try!

4 Thank hyker1