“Brilliant brownie”

The Purple Door Cafe and Konditorei
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Opened in June 2012, the Purple Door has a full lunch and dinner menu, freshly-baked pastries and desserts, daily specials, and more!
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Brilliant brownie”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Everything we ate was top quality. Service very nice and helpful.
And if you have the chance…..eat the brownie. Best I ever had:)

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best dessert in town - homemade & affordable!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We are from Luray, but many of my family have moved away. We were looking for a place to hold a small family gathering. We picked the perfect spot!! The Purple Door is friendly, welcoming, with plenty of gourmet thrown in, and not in the least ostentatious. A unique combination of elegant & casual, which includes the food, the decor, and the owner & staff. They create quite the welcoming atmosphere. It was the perfect place for us to have our family get together, in our own separate dining room. We felt literally right at home. For people who love green, their green soup (there is some creative name for it which I forget!) is the very best veggie green soup! And plenty of choices for meat lovers, too. Their scones are excellent (I love that they have these non-sweet options on the menu.) But my very favorite is the Turtle Pie. OMyummmm! And again, not an ostentatious price, which keeps me a very happy customer and makes this a place to visit every day, rather than only on special occasions!

Kudos to the owner, and I wish I knew what Konditorie means..........I shall perhaps go look it up.

Charlotte, NC
“Really, Really good dining experience!”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stopped by the Purple Door on a rainy, gray afternoon to 'check out' the dinner menu. What a wonderful surprise when we met the chef and received a full tour of the place, and heard an outstanding description of each and every one of the main entrees! The place......darling, fun, and sophisticated without presumption. The menu...a really nice variety with something for everyone. We returned that evening and enjoyed a lovely steak dinner, tasty rice with colorful peppers and green beans almondine...cooked crisp tender as they should be! Steak ....perfectly cooked as ordered ( medium rare). Compliments to the fairly new chef! Nice dinner atmosphere , attentive wait staff and good food coming out of the kitchen. Attention to detail makes the Purple Door a special place....don't miss this gem!

“Quaint place”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Great local place. Fun names of the foods and great service. We had breakfast and lunch here. I'd imagine dinner is ok but can't say. There is not many other options local though. The speak easy had boxed potatoes. This place has all fresh ingredients and is military friendly.

sylkai
“New management...”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend, niece and I had a very pleasant dining experience at the Purple Door Cafe. It started a little scary when my 7 year old niece ordered macaroni & cheese and it wasn't quite up-to-her standards. The manager, Jaime was quick to offer his apologies and was more than happy to rectify the dish. The steak we ordered was very good, as well as the desserts. Being from NY we are accustomed to different standards, and Jaime & The Purple Door cafe were up to par. We will go back next time we are in Luray.

Visited September 2013