“No other breakfast will ever compare!”

South Court Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 14 Luray B&B and Inns
Washington, D.C.
“No other breakfast will ever compare!”
Reviewed September 14, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Emma Glen room for one night during our exploration of the nearby Skyline Drive. I have to say that I'm a bit spoiled now, after having the insanely good breakfast served by owners Tom & Anita. It's been 4 days and I'm still telling people about the "perfect souffle I had this weekend" more than I'm talking about the overlooks of the Shenandoah National Park, ha! My boyfriend and I both slept incredibly well. The bed literally shaped to our bodies and bath tub for two was enormous. I chose this place since it was one of the few in Luray with a one-night weekend stay allowed, but soon found out there were so many other reasons to choose it over others. Nothing bad to say. Tom & Anita were so nice and accommodating. Clean room, amazing breakfast, hassle-free stay. A no-brainer pick if you're looking for an affordable, romantic stay in Luray ;)

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
McLean, Virginia
Reviewed September 12, 2010

My husband and I spent a weekend at the South Court Inn B&B to celebrate our anniversary and our birthdays. We live in the DC area and were looking to get completely away from the city life for a few days of slower paced living. We wanted to stay in the Shenandoah Valley so we could visit several wineries and the South Court Inn in Luray was one of the first B&Bs that came up when I researched B&Bs in the area. What a great find! The innkeepers, Tom & Anita Potts, were beyond helpful as I corresponded with them during the weeks leading up to our stay. Tom kindly made reservations for us at one of the most popular restaurants in Luray, the Artisan Grill, even though I only asked about the reservation the day before we arrived. The night of our reservation, the restaurant was very crowded and my husband and I were able to be seated at a table right away. If not for Tom, we would have been waiting 45 minutes for a table. The breakfasts each morning were beyond delicious. Tom and Anita were very friendly and would tell stories of how they came to own the house and their journey of making it into a bed and breakfast. The house was decorated in Victorian era fashion and looked very authentic. The curtains throughout the house were actually hand-made by Anita. Everything about our stay at the South Court Inn was enjoyable and the atmosphere was exactly what my husband and I were looking for. I would recommend the South Court Inn to anyone who wants to get away from the busyness of life and enjoy friendliness, amazing food, and to discover a wonderful little town. We will definitely be making another trip back to the South Court Inn!

Culpeper, Virginia
Reviewed September 10, 2010

My fiance and I decided to forget the big wedding thing and elope at the South Court Inn. We were very pleased with the elopment package. All my fiance had to do was pick the color of the flowers in the bouqet. Tom married us outside while Anita video taped it and took pictures. Then Tom had us pose throughout the yard and in the house. We are so pleased with the abundance of pictures Tom took as well as the beautiful backgrounds.

This was our first time at a Bed and Breakfast and we enjoyed it. It was different. The room was nice, the bed was super comfy. Our only problem when we first got there was that it was quite stuffy in the house and in our room. But we told the Potts that we were overly warm and they immediately turned up the air and brought us not one, but two fans for our room. They are very accomodating and you can tell they work hard to make their guests comfortable.

Thank you Tom & Anita for the beautiful wedding and for your hospitality.

1 Thank joeandchristine09-05
SCI-Owner, Owner at South Court Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 15, 2010
We are delighted the reviewer and her husband found our elopement package and the services we provided so highly praiseworthy. It always puts a spring in our step to be able to provide an elegant, value packed elopement package and marriage ceremony to our guests. At the same time, we do want the world to know that on the day of this couple's visit, we had extraordinary weather conditions...several days of temps near or above 100F and a tidal wave of tropical humidity being pumped in by a large hurricane just off the coast of Virginia. For a few hours Sunday afternoon, neither we nor our two whole-house air conditioning units could hold back the impact of the heat and humidity. It did not that another guest had gone into the wedding couples room before they arrived and removed the tower fan usually in the room to use as a white noise generator in another room. By early evening, we managed to get the temperature and humidity under control and provide everyone with a cool night's sleep. We look forward to the reviewer's return to celebrate their first anniversary next year and to meeting readers from across the world when they visit the beautiful Town of Luray and the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia!
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Reviewed September 6, 2010

My boyfriend and I came to this bed and breakfast over Labor Day Weekend to celebrate our third year anniversary. It was a charming little place, and all the details for our stay were very thought out! We greatly enjoyed the delicious breakfast, the Victorian trivia, and the warm hospitality. Thank you, Anita and Tom! When we come back to this area, we will be sure to visit again.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed August 25, 2010

My boyfriend and I recently visited Luray for a weekend getaway and stayed at the South Court Inn B&B. It was just what we needed. The food was amazing and the things we learned over breakfast we will never forget (lots of Victorian dinner history). We stayed in the Emma Glen room and both agreed that the bed was one of the most comfortable we have ever slept in. I would recommend this B&B to anyone looking for comfortable and elegant weekend stay.

Virginia
Reviewed August 25, 2010

I just returned from a little 3 days long weekend getaway and it was just what I needed to find a little peace and tranquility.

What a wonderful, romantic place this is. The room was even better than expected. The the sheets were magnificant.

Tom is a wonderful chef, our breakfasts were tasty and his knowledge of antique silverware was impressive. I loved his stories about his days working in a French restaurant.

I highly recommend sharing a glass of wine or a cup of coffee with your special someone on the front porch.

Stafford, Virginia
Reviewed August 13, 2010

It was our first time at a Bed and Breakfast. We had the big wedding 10 years ago and we wanted to have an intimate Christian ceremony with video and lots of pictures. I wanted to sing to my husband. Tom and Anita made all the arrangements. All we had to do was choose the color of our flowers and show up. They even made dinner reservations. They kept contact with us online beforehand in case we had any questions. The breakfast was delicious! They are truly a wonderful and talented couple. The grounds were so beautiful whether you wear your favorite dress or a full length ballgown you'll look wonderful in the pictures!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luray
The Mimslyn Inn
#4 of 9 in Luray
BEST WESTERN Intown Luray
Days Inn Luray Shenandoah
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock

Been to South Court Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!