“The South Court Inn is a treasure”

South Court Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 14 Luray B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“The South Court Inn is a treasure”
Reviewed April 7, 2005

The South Court Inn is a treasure - the structure, setting, decor and especially the Potts who bring it all together. Our stay was a 40th anniversary gift from our children and it will always be appreciated.

The brick Victorian structure has been lovingly and accurately restored. It is situated on a large well landscaped lot. The rooms are true Victorian with comfortable beds and beautifully decorated. The breakfasts are excellent several course events that are reason enough to go to Luray.

Tom and Anita provide the hospitality and caring service to make a good getaway a fantastic one.

• Stayed April 2005

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Reviewed April 5, 2005

We enjoyed staying here thoroughly. The Inn is located in a beautiful valley between Shenandoah and Massanutten; which was more stunning that we expected. It was also a surprise to see how dedicated the Potts are to accuracy regarding the Victorian era with the decor of the house. We learned alot and were able to relax nicely. The breakfast was incredible as well. We give it top recommendations.

Reviewed March 26, 2005

Tom and Anita made our elopement absolutely wonderful. From the beautiful ceremony to the scrumptious breakfast, we felt so pampered during our stay. They have put so much time and consideration into their house and the fantastic treatment of their guests, it really shows. We highly recommend South Court Inn for perfect get-away.

Reviewed March 26, 2005

Of all the B&B's we have stayed in, South Court Inn is far and away the best. Tom and Anita have made their house a home for travelers looking to get away from the city for a few days amidst a quiet romantic setting. They were extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and great in the kitchen. If you are looking for a complete B&B experience, I highly recommend the South Court Inn.

Reviewed March 12, 2005

A friend of mine and I wanted to get away from the city for a couple of days. I wanted to stay in a B & B because I never have before and despite the fact that they are usually associated with romance and special occasions. My friend's boyfriend is overseas right now and I am single but I picked the South Court Inn anyways because it looked very inviting and I was RIGHT. I loved it. We went to visit the caverns and the small Luray zoo but for the most part we stayed around the house and relaxed. I took a book and went into the sun-room and living-room and read without feeling like I didn't belong. Tom and Anita (the owners of the house) were very welcoming and friendly. And the breakfasts were absolutely fabulous. I was a little worried at first because the food was different than anything I had ever had before, but it turned out great. 9 o'clock every morning was the highlight of my 3-day stay. Tom would cook the food and Anita would entertain us by chatting with us in a very unobstrusive way. We all shared stories every morning. The rooms themselves were wonderful. I stayed in the Hayes room and loved it. I had to use a step-stool to get on the bed and to me that was just great! I do have to admit that I am used to my ammenities like a stand-up shower so I had a rough time of it only taking a bath and using a hand shower. But the tub was great...It was deep enough and very comfortable. Despite the showere I would definitely go back and really hope that I get the chance to. I would even go back by myself if I need to just get away from it all...

Reviewed March 5, 2005

The 'get away' weekend was a birthday present from my wife that I'll never forget. The accommodations were great; the food was superb; and the hospitality was outstanding. Anita and Tom went out of there way to be there when needed and discreetly absent when not. Really appreciated their making dinner reservations at a wonderflul restaurant. This was my first stay at South Court and I'm looking forward to a return trip.

• Stayed February 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luray
The Mimslyn Inn
#4 of 9 in Luray
BEST WESTERN Intown Luray
Days Inn Luray Shenandoah
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock

Been to South Court Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!