“Perfect Romantic Weekend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Luray
The Cabins at Brookside
Ranked #4 of 15 Specialty Lodging in Luray
Baltimore, Maryland
“Perfect Romantic Weekend”
Reviewed May 20, 2010

My fiancé originally discovered Brookside one day while camping in Shenandoah; we escaped some rains by visiting Luray Caverns and eating at the Brookside Restaurant. They have the best down home cooking. We can't get enough of their home braked bread. We wanted to buy some to take home but they were sold out!

We visited Brookside first in March and really fell in love with the gorgeous views and cabin one! We returned again in October for a romantic fall getaway. We were very excited about the hot tub, which was phenomenal. When you book your cabin, read the description as only some of the cabins have hot tubs and Jacuzzi tubs just aren't that exciting.

The bed was very comfortable and cozy with clean linens and extra pillows. The living room area around the fireplace was very cozy. The thermostat controls the fireplace so it kicks on and off determined by your heat setting. There is an electric heater in the bathroom as well, which was huge. The tub was very clean and had a massage shower head. Our cabin had a back deck that you could sit out and watch he stars at night and listen to the babbling brook. (Get it? Brookside... it's next to a brook!) The staff is very nice, helpful, and friendly. We were even greeted by their cat.
It's very convenient to a variety of towns and we met some relatives for lunch in Culpeper which was fun and another day headed down to Shenandoah for some hiking. Brookside also has a great gift shop and I was able to get some Christmas shopping done!

The only downside was the ants. You can tell it had been a problem because there were previous ant traps. I guess some bugs can be expected in a wooded area. The staff cleaned the ants out but I would recommend brining a can of raid. We didn't have this problem the first time we stayed.

I personally was excited to have no TV and no internet; it is similar to camping in that you are away from the outside world. Yet at the same time, it's WAY better than sleeping in a tent.

I would highly recommend Brookside and look forward to returning there again!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
WOODBRIDGE
Reviewed May 19, 2010

I took my Mom on a Mother's day get away and we were lucky enough to get cabin number 9. We spent a wonderful day relaxing on the back deck just listening to the brook sing it's song and enjoying nature. Diane in the gift shop is the sweetest woman I have met in ages, she worked with my from the start when I called to inquire about the cabins. She is such a dear I felt like I know her. Mom and I will continue to come to cabin #9 every year for our Mother's day get away hopefully for many years to come. The cabin was spotless and I felt I had stepped into a friends house.

• Stayed May 2010
Potomac Falls, Virginia
Reviewed April 19, 2010

Stayed one night here while motorcycle touring Skyline Drive and the Shenandoah valley with another couple. I recommend Cabin 8 with separate bathrooms and bedrooms and a nice common area. The babbling creek out back is very pleasant and the owners have it nicely lit at night. While it's not a luxury cabin it was clean and serviceable. We ate at the restaurant for breakfast. I do not recommend the buffet. The food was cold and the scrambled eggs seemed like they were powdered. Our friends ordered off the menu. Their food was steaming hot and generously portioned. All told it was a good overnight stay and we'll be back.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Richmond
Reviewed April 12, 2010

The Brookside delivered as advertised and met all of our expectations for a relaxing and comfortable weekend getaway. We traveled to Luray to hike the White Oak Canyon Trail and it was wonderful to return to a hot shower at the cabin, followed by a relaxing evening sitting on our private deck beside the stream.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fern56
henrico
Reviewed April 5, 2010

Room was excellent and so was service. Only downside was that it is so close to highway that we could hear traffic going by. Other then that, wonderful price, accessibility to everything in Luray. Can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Paulsboro, New Jersey
Reviewed April 2, 2010

Brookside Cabins are the true hidden gem of the Blue Ridge Mountains. My mom, sister and I stay here every year in late March or early April and we have never been disappointed. From the relaxing, cozy, charminng cabins to the staff who will go out of their way to make your stay fantastic to the Brookside restaurant serving up delicious southern food. Southern hospitality reigns supreme at Brookside Cabins. You will not be disappointed with your visit.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Three Rivers
Reviewed February 16, 2010

This place is most romantic and lovely. Very good service most friendly place to stay by far. Clean and very very decorated in most calming and lovely colors. Mountain views along by the river stream. Deer wonder by your window in teh morning.
restaurant right there just steps from your cabin.. I chose to stay at the cottage this time off a short distance ride. i loved it. best place to unwind and let your troubles fly with the mountain winds to another place.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luray
The Mimslyn Inn
Best Western Intown Luray
Skyland
Skyland
#1 of 1 in Shenandoah National Park

Been to The Cabins at Brookside? Share your experiences!