“Ahhhhhh... What a WONDERFUL place to relax!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Luray
Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 14 Luray B&B and Inns
Bel Air, Maryland
“Ahhhhhh... What a WONDERFUL place to relax!”
Reviewed September 23, 2005

It doesn't get much better than this, folks. This cozy B&B is nestled in one of the most beautiful country settings you can imagine (see photos), with spectacular views, and wonderfully comfortable rooms.

Our gracious hosts, Hank and Wiley, met us at the front door and proceeded to show us around the house, introducing us to the other guests and making us feel completely at home before we even brought in our luggage and settled into our room. The home-baked cookies that greeted us in the kitchen each evening, the beautiful gardens that surround the house, and the friendly kittens that welcomed us as they roamed around outside all helped make our stay so very enjoyable. (By the way, I'm allergic to cats, but they are not allowed into the house and therefore didn't bother me at all.) In addition, there are some fantastic, casual little restaurants just a few minutes' drive away that leave my mouth watering even as I write about them.

But for me, the two things that can make or break a stay at a B&B are the hosts, and the other guests. Hank and Wiley are so gifted in their country manner and southern hospitality that you can't help but leave feeling they've become friends you can't wait to visit again. The service was perfect, down to the pre-arrival email my partner and I received, asking if we had any specific dietary restrictions, and even asking what we like to drink with our breakfast. Brochures and directions to all of the nearby attractions have been made readily available, right in the kitchen. Better still is the fact that breakfast at the single, large dining table becomes an experience in itself, where new friends are made, and ideas for the next day's excursions are hatched. Heck, we sat at the breakfast table for nearly 90 minutes one morning because we were all enjoying the company so much!

If you have never stayed in a B&B before, you owe it to yourself to try Piney Hill. In the words of one of our fellow guests that weekend, you will feel spoiled and may never want to stay anywhere else. I could not have been more impressed with the entire experience, and have already recommended Piney Hill to friends and family.

• Stayed September 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Reviewed September 12, 2005

What a beautiful place for a relaxing getaway. Hank and Wiley have created the perfect retreat from the busy hustle-bustle of modern life. Their comfortable rooms with views of the rolling Virginia landscape are rivaled only by their hospitality.

From freshly-baked cookies to scrumptious breakfasts with new friends, our stay was a truly delicious treat. Better yet, the massage our wonderful innkeepers arranged for us--not to mention the jacuzzi afterwards--left us calmed and refreshed.

Finally, their recommendations for dining and local attractions were a perfect compliment to the time we spent at the house.

We've been raving about our time at Piney Hill to all our friends, and already look forward to our return to this fabulous B&B!!!

Chris & Tim

• Stayed September 2005
Reviewed August 31, 2005

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights and I have to say I loved every minute of it. We were met at the door by Hank, one of the two inn keepers, and after a warm and friendly welcome he showed us the place. I immediately asked to be adopted as I knew I would not want to leave again! While he didn't agree to that, he showed us our two room suite which I fell in love with on the spot.

The rooms were large and inviting, with all the amenities I could have wanted. I felt "at home" within minutes of arriving. The B&B is one of the finest I have ever seen, inside and out. Whether I was inside having breaskfast and chatting with Hank and Wiley (the second inn keeper); or outside on the large wrap around porch in one of the many rocking chairs, I felt I was among friends.

Hank's gift of gab and Wiley's dry wit kept me smiling and laughing. I never felt as if i was in the company of strangers, even when other guests joined us at the large breakfast table. Hank has a way of making every one want to open up and be themselves, even those suffering from terrible shyness, like myself.

And as to the breakfast... If you can find it better somewhere else, please write me and tell me where! I seriously doubt you can!

I could go on and on about the gardens, the hot tub, the hammock, the country side and the mountains so near their place, and all the other wonderful things I found here, but suffice it to say if you pass up a chance to stay here, you really are missing something memorable indeed!

We will be back, probably many times!

Thanks Hank! Thanks Wiley!

• Stayed August 2005
Reviewed August 24, 2005

Piney hill was such a perfect getaway for the weekend. Hank and Wiley especially just made it so comfortable and personalized for us that the whole time we were there, we couldn't stop smiling. They not only took care of our every need and went above and beyond, but also were the friendliest people we know! No wonder people want to keep going back!

• Stayed August 2005
Washington, DC
Reviewed August 22, 2005

My partner and I recently went to Piney Hill B&B after it came highly recommended by a co-worker. We stayed in the cottage adjacent to the main house. It was wonderfully peaceful. We woke up in the mornings and had coffee and a delicious breakfast (the french toast is a MUST!) while watching the sun rise over the mountains. One evening we sat in the screened in porch- also on the cottage- and enjoyed the fresh air. Hank and Wiley were excellent hosts and really catered to our every need. While there is very little to do in the surrounding towns, if you are looking at a true getaway from the hussle of everyday life, this is the place to go!!! Rest and Relaxation come naturally at this fabulous B&B. I cannot wait to return!

• Stayed July 2005
1 Thank Jstc
Reviewed August 2, 2005

We stayed for a weekend at Piney Hill and planned to see some of the sights. While we did get out and about, we found that we were just as happy sitting on the big wrap around porch in the rockers, taking in the peaceful view. The rooms are filled with antiques, the garden is lovely, and the food is terrific. Great hosts just complete the package. We plan to return and have already recommended Piney Hill to friends.

Stayed June 2005
chesterfield, va
Reviewed July 7, 2005

A great down home B&B. Wiley and Hank are great hosts who do it
right. From the decor to the food and conversation you feel right at
home. A great place to just kick back and take in the views. Also
a nice starting spot for touristy events. Will go back ASAP!

Stayed July 2005
1 Thank sewerrat99
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luray
The Mimslyn Inn
Best Western Intown Luray
Skyland
Skyland
#1 of 1 in Shenandoah National Park

Been to Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!