“Superb in all aspects”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Luray
Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 14 Luray B&B and Inns
Santa Monica, CA
“Superb in all aspects”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I can only reiterate everything said in previous reviews. The house is beautiful and the location idyllic, with surrounding countryside. How serene to sit on the front porch rocking chairs before breakfast in the morning! Breakfast ample and delicious - extraordinary peach french toast was not too sweet, and very special yogurt parfait. Bedroom immaculately clean and charming. Hank and Wiley are wonderful gracious and friendly hosts with all the right tips on routes, restaurants etc. We were unfortunately only there for one night to visit the Caverns after UVa graduation, but they certainly left a lasting impression. And the Caverns were spectacular.

Room Tip: We were very happy in the downstairs bedroom. No noise issues at all.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Wigton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is an exceptional B & B located in wonderful countryside. The accommodation is first rate, the house is beautifully furnished and the breakfasts are superb. However the two factors which makes Piney Hill such a memorable and perfect place to stay are the hosts, Wiley and Hank. They spare nothing to make one's stay as enjoyable as possible. I guarantee that you will come away (reluctantly) from Piney Hill with the belief that you have been staying with friends.
I stayed there for nine days and left with the only regret that my visit was far too short.
A great place run by two great guys.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Maryland
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This wonderfully restored B & B, surrounded by rolling pastures, has 360º views of the Shenandoah mountains. Wiley and Hank, the owners, maintain the gardens and the interior immaculately. While the decor is memorable and the breakfasts are gourmet, what made this place special were the innkeepers's friendliness, attention to our needs, and desire to give their "all." Seemingly they think of everything to make guests feel welcomed, relaxed and satisfied. While intent on visiting Luray's shops and restaurants, we ended up spending a whole afternoon just sitting in the garden reading, playing a game, soaking up the serenity. If you have only a couple days, this is a perfect place to get away, literally, from it all

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Midlothian, Virginia
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I came across this little bed and breakfast while looking for a place to stay for our first year anniversary. I immediately went to Trip Advisor to see what people said about this place. I knew this was the place that we needed to stay. This was our first bed and breakfast experience and we were not disappointed with our decision at all.

We live in the Richmond area, so the drive into the country was beautiful.
We stayed in the Hurley Bird Cottage. It was a beautiful country cottage that had such lovely decor. It was extremely clean. It looked like we were the first people to ever stay in the cottage!
There is a pasture of cows behind the Cottage, but they aren't loud or smelly at all. Besides, the view is amazing!

Breakfast each and every morning was the best breakfast I think I've ever had. I think I put on about five pounds! They outdid themselves with the meals and snacks. Luckily, they have a cookbook of all their meals for purchase.

Both Hank and Wiley took the time to get to know us and ask about our day when they saw us. They told us about all the fabulous restaurants and area attractions. They were both extremely helpful.
All in all it was a great first experience at a B&B!

1 Thank Rachel M
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Beautiful location less than 2 hours from DC. Convenient drive to Luray Caverns and Shenandoah Forest. Excellent service and delicious breakfast. Rooms are spotless clean and well furnished. To my taste and sleep (dis)ability, the bed could use an upgrade, kind of small and too soft. Completely charming and peaceful place, would return for sure. Great weekend getaway.

Room Tip: The cottage is well worth the extra expense if available.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
PineyhillInnkeeper, Owner at Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for writing such a nice review! Guest reviews are always appreciated and encouraged. I did want to respond to your one comment, however; "To my taste and sleep (dis)ability, the bed could use an upgrade, kind of small and too soft." I am so sorry to hear that as the queen size mattress and box spring is only 6 month old. We always try to purchase queen sized mattresses that are not too firm and not to soft in hopes of accommodate most guests liking. We do hope that this will not keep you from returning as we are so thankful for all of the great guests that have passed through our doors over the past 12+ years. Thanks again, Wiley Gregory & Hank Overton, Innkeepers
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My wife and I recently enjoyed a weekend getaway to Shenandoah and stayed at Piney Hill Bed and Breakfast. Hank and Wiley were absolutely fantastic and the B&B was top notch. The house is wonderfully done up, the rooms were cozy, and the guys were a wealth of information for the area. There isnt a question about Luray they can't answer! They also make sure you are well fed for breakfast before going out to enjoy the park. I cant give Hank and Wiley enough thanks for such a wonderful place to stay. It really felt like home away from home.

Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was drawn to Piney Hill B&B when I saw it on the internet and was not disappointed. The charm and the surroundings and all the good that has been said about Piney Hill B&B is true. My room was beautiful. The bed and the pillows were SO comfortable. Everything at Piney Hill is designed to create a feeling of warmth and welcome - right down to the supply of products in the bathroom - shampoo, soaps, lotions, cabinet space for whatever the guest brings. In regular hotels/motels, I am always concerned about germs. This B&B is so clean that I didn't give it a second thought. As for the view, the grassy fields and the mountains beyond are breathtaking. As for the food - well, Chef Ramsey could not do any better. Wiley and Hank set the tone for their beautiful B&B. They made me feel welcome even before I got there by sending me a welcoming email, asking me what type of beverage I like to drink in the mornings. They nailed it, too - iced tea, with lots of ice and extra lemons - perfect! Their gift shop offers lovely antiques and items for unbelievably inexpensive prices. Hank and Wiley gave me a map that identified nearby sites, eating establishments, and shops. They even gave me directions over the phone because I got myself lost. I knew on my first day there that I had found my home away from home. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sheila M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luray
The Mimslyn Inn
Best Western Intown Luray
Skyland
Skyland
#1 of 1 in Shenandoah National Park

Been to Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!