Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast
$70
Hotel Laurance(Luray)(Great Value!)
$135
Hotels.com
The Mimslyn Inn(Luray)(Great Value!)
$155
$150
$85
Skyland(Shenandoah National Park)
$165
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrosebud cottagehank wileypicnic basketmy husband and ipeach french toasteach morningsticky bunsget awayperfect hostsrolling hillsthe main houseshenandoah valleyold friendshome away from homecouples massageskyline drivewrap around porch
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I moved from Boston to Northern Maryland May of 2010 Met my soon to be husband from Wilmington at the beginning of August. Our first trip away together was to Piney Hill B & B at the end of September beginning of October that year! We both had traveled extensively throughout the country and overseas but decided on this charming home in Luray!! We fell in love on that trip and it will be a time that will never be forgotten! We just went back the weekend of June 1-3 - our anniversary date being June 3rd and experienced the same wonderful feeling! Hank and Wiley have become good friends - sincere, caring and amazingly detail oriented. These two gentlemen are so very special - We will be there on an annual basis and plan on taking our friends in December! Side note: the breakfasts are by none one of the best I have experienced in my travels and have always met interesting, amazing people!!

Kudos to hank and Wiley - all our Best

Mary Ellen and Scott Swanson

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a B&B where we could just relax and enjoy a change of scene! We found it at Piney Hill! Not only is it in a beautiful location with lovely peaceful scenery, we got such a warm welcome from Hank and Wiley, who did all they could to make our visit pleasurable and stress free! The breakfasts were wonderful - so creative and beautifully served! We enjoyed our visit so very much, I'm sure we'll return one day! Thank you Hank and Wiley! Kathy Munds
PS. We also loved your gift shop in the barn!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Piney Hill was the perfect little get away to celebrate our 25th Anniversary. We totally enjoyed ourselves. Wiley and Hank were great hosts. Very friendly and very helpful in planning our days. Loved the way they had the B&B decorated. Great country charm. We would start our day off with a wonderful homemade breakfast. Looking forward to making the recipes out of their cookbook. There is plenty to do. Hiking, Luray Caverns, Wineries. Wiley also suggested tubing down the river. I promise Wiley, we will do that the next time we are there. Also, enjoyed some quiet time on the porch looking at the farmland, hanging out with the cats and soaking in the hob tub after a tough hike. They also have beautiful gardens. We will definitely return soon. Thanks for a wonderful time!!

1  Thank khajna64
Reviewed June 1, 2012

This was our second year at Piney Hill. We stayed in the Rosebud cottage which I highly recommend. Hank and Wiley where great like the previous year. But this year I felt like we where going to see friends, not just innkeepers. As soon as we returned I made reservationions for next year!

1  Thank Storm886
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I selected Piney Hill based on the reviews which I normally use as a guide. B&B's are typically more homey than your average hotel so I have higher expectations when I visit one and especially in this case with five star ratings. Well, Wiley and Hank did not disappoint in any aspect of our stay. I could run down the list and make this post much longer than anyone cares to read but I will simply say, "Stay here!". I do have to expound on the breakfast though. I have had some at other locations that barely pass as a meal. This one is almost breakfast and lunch together. You will not leave hungry! If not for the awesome quality I probably would not have been able to finish it. Absolutely awesome!

1  Thank vette1979