The Mimslyn Inn
  • Restaurant
$55
$48
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,035 results
All reviewsspeakeasy restaurantfront porchhistoric hotelthird floorblue ridge suitepool and hot tublobby barspeak easysouthern charmcorner roommy husband and iskyline drivethe cottagessmall townshenandoah valleyrocking chairsking bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 1, 2009

What a pleaseure it was to visit this hotel post-renovation. My expectations were exceeded beyond belief. You will not be disappointed with anything about your stay. I'll be back.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed November 27, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Inn for two days, one of which was Thanksgiving. We were quite pleased by the appearance and decor of the hotel. The cuisine at the main dining room (Circa 31) as well as in the more casual l Speakeasy Pub was very good and reasonably price. The service was fine in the Circa 31 and a little less so in the Speakeasy.

We enjoyed our suite. The bath was quite large and nicely appointed although the jets in the tub were not working. The bedroom and lounge area were attractive and nicely furnished though on the small side. The mattress and bedding were most comfortable. We found the noise level to be most conductive for a good night sleep.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Jimsims, General Manager at The Mimslyn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2009

Greetings,

Thank you ever so much for your nice comments about your recent visit with us.
Thanksgiving is a great time to visit The Mimslyn and all the area has to offer.
I immediatly inspectect the suite and found the instruction card missing from the vanity.
The switch for the spa jets look as if its a part of the tub. The card explains how to turn the power on and off. The missing card has been replaced . I am so sorry for the inconvience. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Pleae contact me personally for your resverations for a future vist . I will make sure everything is perfect.

Jim Sims

Reviewed November 21, 2009

It has been my pleasure to find a beautifully restored old inn in Luray, Virginia. Since I travel from New York to Virginia once every two months to visit my mother in a local nursing facility, I find it most comfortable after a long trip to spend two nights at the Mimslyn. I especially appreciate the lovely lobby with a welcoming fire in its central fireplace. Other great features are dining facilities, fresh baked pastries, juice and coffee for early risers, and the beautiful rooms. The staff has always treated me like a favored quest. I look forward to returning again and again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed November 17, 2009

My room was on the corner of the building and had two windows, making it airy and bright. One window looked out to the mountains, so there was a beautiful view of the sunrise and sunset. Though the room was a little small, it was clean, comfortable, and had everything I needed. The bathroom had a large tub, and I enjoyed a very relaxing bath after hiking during the day. The only part of the room I didn't like was the AC/heating unit, which was very loud. It wasn't a big deal, but I had to turn it off to hear the radio or television.

I ordered coffee room service one morning; it arrived very quickly. My friend and I ate breakfast (buffet) one morning and dinner in the Speakeasy restaurant one night. The regular breakfast buffet isn't anything great, but our dinner was excellent. The Speakeasy is tucked away downstairs, very cozy and relaxing. The food was great and probably the best vegetarian option in Luray (at least from looking at the menus of other restaurants).

The Inn is on the edge of downtown and an easy walk to most shops and restaurants.

I looked at the Inn's website before making my reservation. The website is fine but really does not do the Inn justice, so don't be deterred by it.

The Mimslyn Inn might be a little pricey for Luray, but it is worth it! Treat yourself for a weekend!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 7, 2009

This is the best way to express our experience of the best kept secret in Lurray, VA. The stunning views, the cozy comfortable rooms and the accommodating staff are literally ready to coddle you ever so gently and remind you that there is such a thing as convenience. Slow down the hustle and bustle and take a peaceful drive out to the Shenandoah’s entrance to luxury and charm. My anniversary weekend was lovely and the Mimslyn in is why. Don’t forget to bring your bib and have some delicious treats downstairs, right after you work out of course.

-Coach Powell