The Mimslyn Inn
  • Free Internet
Skyland(Shenandoah National Park)
  • Restaurant
1,036 results
All reviewsspeakeasy restaurantfront porchhistoric hotelthird floorblue ridge suitepool and hot tublobby barspeak easysouthern charmcorner roommy husband and iskyline drivethe cottagessmall townshenandoah valleyrocking chairsking bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Old world charm and well appointed decor awaits you in Luray. Close to home for us, which makes it really nice for a weekend get away. Food was very good in the Circa 31 Restaurant. Enjoyed both dinner and breakfast and was very affordable. Caring and honest staff, even when I left a jewelry item in the room which I got back...thank you staff at The Mimslyn Inn! I will recommend to friends!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Darla M
Reviewed January 27, 2014

A beautiful resort with a very friendly staff. We stayed a Saturday night for a wine pairing dinner that was so delicious. Our waitress, Kristin, was so helpful and attentive. Circa 31 is a must to eat at as the decor with magnificent chandeliers is wonderful. We even had beautiful snow flurries that night. We used the small exercise room which was adequate and had a very nice breakfast, also in Circa 31. The piano player at dinner in the lobby was a really nice touch too. This is a very special place to stay at.

Room Tip: we had a corner room which got a lot of sun but seemed a bit small. Would like to try one with a fireplace in winter!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Easy to find, beautiful, historic, renovated hotel. Check in was easy and our room was decent sized for a historic hotel, clean and comfortable. The hotel itself is elegant and full of old school glamour. The casual speakeasy restaurant/lounge is fun, the Circa 31 restaurant is fabulous fine dining. Right off downtown and five minutes from the caverns this is a great location.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I have stayed in luxury resorts and cruised several countries. The Mimslyn is one of the most beautiful places I've ever stayed. The staff and entire town are very friendly. An absolute must when visiting Luray.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My wife and I just got back from spending New Year's Eve at the Mimslyn and there are not enough positive superlatives in my vocabulary to express my admiration for this fine old hotel. The food was delcious from the 5 course meal we had in the Circa 31 room to the unbelievably large and diverse Brunch the following day.

The staff was excellent in every way, with chocolate covered strawberries and champagne delivered to the room when we arrived, to being very attentive to our every need. I did not take advantage of the spa services they have on site, but I certainly will next time we go.

To top off the unbelievable evening of fine food and wonderful dancing the Hotel arranged for a spectacular fireworks display to end the old year and bring in the new. This is definitely an old school hotel, elegant and refined, but very modern in its accomadations. I cannot possibly recommend it more highly!

Room Tip: The suites are worth the upgrade!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple