“WEDDING”
Review of The Mimslyn Inn

The Mimslyn Inn
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Luray
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We visited the Mimslyn Inn in October 2012 to attend our friends' wedding. What a gorgeous place for this event. I could not have asked for better service, accommodations and the property & surrounding area is so beautiful. A big veranda greets you which was decorated with fall leaves & pumpkins, a very nicely furnished clean room, and the best was the staff. Every one very accommodating and friendly. My husband and I have traveled a fair amount and I have to say out say that our Mimslyn Inn stay is right up there with some of our most treasured trip memories. We definitely would love staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
MichelleGuests, Guest Relations Manager at The Mimslyn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind remarks regarding your stay with us. We are so happy that you were able to experience a Mimslyn Inn wedding. Weddings at the inn really are memorable....from the magnificent historic architecture to the scenic grounds and spectacular views.

We are thrilled to hear that we are now among your treasured trip memories...what an honor! We are delighted to hear that in addition to being pleased with the accommodations that you felt that the service from the staff was very accommodating and friendly. Our staff truly believes in southern hospitality and welcoming guests to the inn as they would a guest in their own home.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with others on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,013)

Reviewed October 12, 2012

The "Historic" rooms are small and the furniture has an odd layout but the special price we had received made this a non-issue for us. My husband loved that the hotel has a "quiet time" starting at 10:00 pm. No one running through the halls and no doors slamming to disrupt you or your nights sleep. The staff could not have been more friendly and Paul, the doorman, offered us bottled water on our way out for our drive home. The main dining room was not open which was a bit disappointing because we had eaten there in the past and the food was excellent, so if you are there on a weekend be sure and check it out. Service was friendly in the Speakeasy located downstairs and the food, while nothing to rave about, was good, and a good value. We will difinitely go back again, but will wait for another "special deal" when room prices are more reasonable.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our recent two-day visit to Luray and Mimslyn Inn. The Inn is lovely and very comfortable with a welcoming large verandah for relaxing. It is well situated and convenient to the Luray Caverns, Skyline Drive, Appalachian Trail and a couple of very nice golf courses. The staff was extremely welcoming and helpful, especially Paul, the very attentive doorman. Our room was quite spacious and well-furnished with a large bath which included a jetted tub and cozy terrycloth robes. A little brighter light in the bathroom would be helpful for the ladies who need to fix their hair and makeup. Also another lamp in the very large room would have been helpful. We had breakfast in the elegant main dining room. The dining room is not open every night, so we ate dinner downstairs in the more casual restaurant. Our waitress, Lori, was very friendly and made our somewhat ordinary food more enjoyable. The Virginia wines were a very good choice. All the ladies in the restaurant were pleasant and cordial. This is a great spot for a weekend getaway. We would definitely recommend to friends and family.

Room Tip: Ask for room 101 on the ground floor near the lobby. Very comfortable with fireplace.
1  Thank Lynda13
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I visit Luray Virginia every year and this is the best Hotel I have ever stayed in the Luray surrounding area. Its beautiful on the outside and charming and exquisite on the inside.
The hotel seems to grow more beautiful year after year. This is my 6th visit to the hotel.
Also the the people that work their are so nice and make you feel so welcome. I remember
a few employees like Crystal, David and Mr. Paul. I also must mention that the meals at the Mimslyn are the best in town !!

I look forward to my next visit at the Mimslyn and hope to stay there even longer.

Thank you for making my stay so wonderful : o )

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Room was a bit on the small side and had a funny layout. The television set did not work properly and they sent in the doorman to help fix it. Thought it was fixed but ruined a night sleep by the broken television making a crackling sound. Dining room is terrific but only open certain nights and then you have to go to the casual restaurant downstairs where the food is average. Good place to stay but not worth the rate. Breakfast in the main dining area is a major plus.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I travel a lot and I've been to many 4-5 star resorts. One thing that makes those resorts stand out is the customer service. Mimslyn Inn does just that. The customer service was AWESOME! Everybody was so nice and friendly and was willing to go the extra mile. I definitely recommend this cozy little place to just get away from the hustle and bustle of the DC area.

The food was good and so was the wine tasting which I did do. I used Living Social but I would definitely go back with or without a Living Social deal.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Our daughter felt that my wife and I needed a nice trip so she surprised us with a truly wonderful gift of two nights at The Mimslyn Inn. We live within two hours of Luray so I rode my Harley motorcycle and my wife came by car with our luggage. The first day we traveled by motorcycle the beautiful Skyline Drive that is a very short drive from the hotel. The second day we visited Luray Caverns. The food and service at the hotel was excellent so we refrained from going out to eat. Live entertainment in the evenings was very good. A very serene atmosphere at this beautifully restored historic hotel. We will be doing a return trip.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luray
Hotel Laurance
The Cardinal Inn
The Cardinal Inn
#4 of 9 in Luray
Best Western Intown Luray

Been to The Mimslyn Inn? Share your experiences!