“My Yearly Retreat” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Mimslyn Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Mimslyn Inn
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Luray
Point Pleasant, New Jersey
“My Yearly Retreat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I visit Luray Virginia every year and this is the best Hotel I have ever stayed in the Luray surrounding area. Its beautiful on the outside and charming and exquisite on the inside.
The hotel seems to grow more beautiful year after year. This is my 6th visit to the hotel.
Also the the people that work their are so nice and make you feel so welcome. I remember
a few employees like Crystal, David and Mr. Paul. I also must mention that the meals at the Mimslyn are the best in town !!

I look forward to my next visit at the Mimslyn and hope to stay there even longer.

Thank you for making my stay so wonderful : o )

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Clifton Park, New York, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Room was a bit on the small side and had a funny layout. The television set did not work properly and they sent in the doorman to help fix it. Thought it was fixed but ruined a night sleep by the broken television making a crackling sound. Dining room is terrific but only open certain nights and then you have to go to the casual restaurant downstairs where the food is average. Good place to stay but not worth the rate. Breakfast in the main dining area is a major plus.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
N. Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I travel a lot and I've been to many 4-5 star resorts. One thing that makes those resorts stand out is the customer service. Mimslyn Inn does just that. The customer service was AWESOME! Everybody was so nice and friendly and was willing to go the extra mile. I definitely recommend this cozy little place to just get away from the hustle and bustle of the DC area.

The food was good and so was the wine tasting which I did do. I used Living Social but I would definitely go back with or without a Living Social deal.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Bluemont, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Our daughter felt that my wife and I needed a nice trip so she surprised us with a truly wonderful gift of two nights at The Mimslyn Inn. We live within two hours of Luray so I rode my Harley motorcycle and my wife came by car with our luggage. The first day we traveled by motorcycle the beautiful Skyline Drive that is a very short drive from the hotel. The second day we visited Luray Caverns. The food and service at the hotel was excellent so we refrained from going out to eat. Live entertainment in the evenings was very good. A very serene atmosphere at this beautifully restored historic hotel. We will be doing a return trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cashiers, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Great stay using Groupon rates. I don't know if it's worth it full price. Nice central location to see the Caverns and Shenandoah Valley. The BIG front porch is delightful to have a drink and meet new friends

Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful one night stay at this beautiful inn. From the moment we arrived I was stunned by the ambiance and beauty of this place; the building is historic and grabs your attention with its large columns, big doors, fireplace, and well decorated open spaces. Check in was welcoming, even at the late hour we arrived. We had a great dinner at the Speakeasy restaurant; we would have liked to have dined at Circa but didn't think we were properly dressed. Food and drinks were delicious and so much cheaper than we are used to in DC! Our room was cozy with solid wood furniture and two large windows. Room was clean, linens were super soft, and bathroom seemed new. We didn't have breakfast; rather we had coffee and muffins in the lobby next to the fireplace. Mimslyn Inn offers something great: picnic lunches TO GO! We put in an order for one in the morning and came back after Luray to get it before we headed out to a winery. What a treat! We got water, fruits, a big cheese tray, cookies, chips, and sandwiches! The doorman also offered us a bottle water before we left for Luray.
This place is friendly, romantic, welcoming, and cozy. They offer great deals for returning guests; we can't wait to return.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

The Inn is charming, warm, and staffed by wonderful people. Luray is an out of the way location but definitely worth the time to get there. During our stay the weather was perfect. The food and service were excellent. A definite do again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luray
Hotel Laurance
The Cardinal Inn
#4 of 9 in Luray
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock
Holiday Inn Express Woodstock / Shenandoah Valley

Been to The Mimslyn Inn? Share your experiences!