The Mimslyn Inn
  • Free Internet
Skyland(Shenandoah National Park)
  • Restaurant
1,035 results
All reviewsspeakeasy restaurantfront porchhistoric hotelthird floorblue ridge suitepool and hot tublobby barspeak easysouthern charmcorner roommy husband and iskyline drivethe cottagessmall townshenandoah valleyrocking chairsking bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 22, 2011

We found this hotel while on the road. We did not have reservations and were passing thru. We spoke to someone who was staying at the Days Inn and recommended to not stay there. We also bypassed the Best Western (right across the street) due to ratings here. I am glad we got to stop here. This is a Historic Hotel that is outstanding for the price.
All of the staff was great. They were friendly, informative and very helpful. We ate at the restaurant in the Hotel for dinner. It was like a 4 star for the price of a 3 star. They had thinks like Sheppard’s pie, French onion soup and other specialties. The breakfast buffet was only $10 a person and was outstanding with about anything you could want.
The rooms were spotless and have antique style furniture. The rooms are smaller but it is an older hotel so that is to be expected. It was all updated very nice.
If passing by this is worth the trip off the I-81 for the few miles just to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kccode1
Reviewed May 10, 2011

Hotel staff was wonderful. Room was the best my husband and I stayed in for a long time. Super clean and luxurious - it is a Historic Hotel. When we arrived there was champagne in the room which was requested - they even got the brand we wanted! Bed was comfortable, robes were provided. Bathroom was spacious. Fireplace was on!

They had a wedding going on and although a little loud and crowded outside our room at times (stayed in the room closest to the event room and people were lined up to get in I think...) it is NOT something that took away from our trip. Exercise room was used and excellent. Hot tub was operating as well as the pool - very beautiful and had a great view. Ate some chips and dip at the Speakeasy and it was a blast with live music. Room service was excellent too! Everyone was so nice. Next time we stay I am getting a massage.

Room Tip: In case of events - get higher floor
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2011

The charming town of Luray does not have alot of choices for dining and spirits. With that said I would recommend the Speakeasy bar and restaraunt above all the other establishments. I tried several but will not mention them because they deserve business too. I was in town for about a week and took the advice of one of the locals to check out the Speakeasy bar and restaraunt if I wanted good food, service, live entertainment and the most bang for my buck. I was glad I listened to the stranger, my first visit was on a Tuesday night and the Jazz combo was excellent. They could have charged admission to listen to Royce Campbell the guitar player but I'm glad they didn't. He was accompanied by Kevin on the bass, Larry on the drums and some guy on a harmonica. We sat up at the bar that evening and the service we got from Jim the bartender was second to none. Jim treated us like he had known us all his life and made us feel right at home. We enjoyed our visit so much we returned Wednesday and dined in one of the booths and enjoyed listening to the sounds of the Eclectix. Our waitress was topnotch and the food was delicious at a very reasonable price. They had a two for $20 special, don't know where else could you go and eat at that price and have live entertainment to top it off.

I will surely return to the Speakeasy and the next time I will stay at the Mimslyn Inn for my sleeping arrangements.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 30, 2011

we had a wonderful stay in a very spacious, beautifully appointed room which had 2 very comfortable beds and a large sitting room area. bathroom also very nice with an oversized walk-in shower. there were several large school groups staying there, so hallways were noisy until around 9:30pm, then okay. only problem was our room faced the front and despite windows being closed and being on the second floor, we were awakened at 4:30am by loud conversation on the front porch of the hotel. also, the pool was not heated in late april. luray is a sweet town but mimslyn inn is probably the only place to go at night for fun!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Our experience at the Mimslyn was short but sweet. After we enjoyed dinner at the Inn at Little Washington, we drove through part of Shenandoah National Park and arrived at the Mimslyn around 8 p.m. Upon arrival, we were mesmerized by the hotel's beautiful exterior - charming, exquisite, and cascading with old colonial charm. When we walked into the lobby, the concierge greeted us with a warm smile and showed us to our room. We were pleased with a beautiful place to sleep and enjoyed the extra amenities - an oversized bathrobe to name just one of many fun surprises!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple