“Hidden Jewel”
Review of Shenandoah Moon

Shenandoah Moon
More attraction details
Owner description: Shenandoah Moon specializes in clothing, jewelry and accessories that reflect today's growing interest in global textiles. Our selection of hand-dyed batik clothing from Indonesia, silk and cotton jackets from India, and jewelry and other accessories from around the world is stylish and affordable. If you're looking for something "Shenandoah Valley Made", you'll find jewelry, candles, soap, yarn, and more from more than two dozen local artists, plus a wide selection of beads and findings. Sign up for a jewelry making or fabric dyeing class, book a private party with four or more, or just drop-in to make a memento of your visit. Shenandoah Moon is located in the basement of the historic Fitch/Long building, c.1880, Which is adorned by artistic moons, stars, and shutters. Open Friday and Saturday from 11am-5pm or by chance or appointment.
Reviewed December 8, 2014

I spent several hours there on Saturday. It was a pleasure and an education. I have terrible luck with shepherd hook pierced earrings, so I prefer they be changed to lever backs. Susan did so willingly for a very minimal charge. I have had to pay much more in Winchester - even when I buy the earrings at the shop. Susan's knowledge of jewelry is fascinating, and she takes the time to share her knowledge with you.

I will be back soon.

Luana

Reviewed November 12, 2014

We went into Shenandoah Moon while we were wandering around downtown Luray. Found some beautiful jewelry, and had a nice talk with the owner. What a fun little shop!

Reviewed October 28, 2014 via mobile

Shenandoah Moon has the areas largest selection of jewelry making supplies. It's my go to store. I highly recommend this store to anyone, local or tourist.

1  Thank SarahChristieSnow
Reviewed October 14, 2014

Intrigued by a brochure at campground we stopped by Shenandoah Moon while in Luray. What a find! I could have spent a lot more time looking at all the wonderful tops, jewelry, and other items but my pocketbook said it was time to go. Love my tops and jewelry from there. Definitely a must to stop by when in Luary... or even anywhere close by!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 2, 2014

Loved this shop in downtown Luray! If you are near the antique shops, make sure you go over the bridge to visit this special place. It is filled with neat things, all at reasonable prices. The items are not things that you find at every other store in the mall. They are beautifully displayed and the owner is really personable. Great jewelry, scarves, clothes, hats, and hostess gifts. It's definitely worth a visit.