“I know BBQ...”

Triple Crown BBQ
Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Luray
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Family owned and operated. Authentically on site smoked meats featuring Virginia pork and poultry, as well as tri tip beef sirloin. We also offer hand crafted side items. Gluten free choices, and a variety of sauces. Dine under our umbrella covered picnic tables or grab and go. Large party orders available to suit your buffet needs. Open late April-Thanksgiving. We look forward to your visit!
Reviewed August 10, 2014

and this is perhaps the best BBQ I have eaten. I owned a restaurant for several years and did a pretty decent BBQ but I have to admit it wasnt always consistent. Alot has to do with the pig you happen to be using and our supplier wasnt the best. I have sampled BBQ on my travels for years and this is by far one of the best, if not the best I have ever had! This is a food truck operation so yes indeedy in the summer you will have bugs at a picnic table. So what? YOu should know what to expect in such circumstances but it is well worth the occasional wave at a fly or gust of wind. I take issue with anyone saying its over priced. No way!! A half pound of pulled pork on a large bun with coleslaw if you want for $6.50 is way beyond reasonable. Especially when you consider those little porkers are smoking for more than 12 hours. Well worth it and I love it and will stop in whenever I am in Luray!!

1  Thank sspen2

Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Opened the styrofoam container and found a gnat crawling out if the sauce! Nasty.

My wife says the BBQ had a good flavor. My opinion is it's overrated. Don't make a special trip.

2  Thank j g
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I would recommend the pulled pork and their signature sauce. The ribs were great too. The roast beef was kind of cold though. The cashier also sneezed and I noticed that she didn't wash her hands when she touched the styrofoam container for the food. At least the food was covered. There were also some flies around the area but I couldn't really blame them...it was summer after all.

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Okay it's a food truck and picnic tables. But if you want the most tender, tastiest pulled pork sandwich ever had, you will go. Staff and owner were awesome!
All I can say is "WOW"

1  Thank John A
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Stopped for a quick lunch this afternoon after reading the reviews and yes, it is really that good!! We had the most amazing ribs ever!
It is a food truck with outside seating but that doesn't distract from the awesome food.
The owner was delightful with wonderful recommendations for the rest of our trip. My husband is planning how was can return for every meal during the remainder of our weekend :)

1  Thank lloman