“New Year's Eve at the cabin was awesome.”
other travelers have booked this property
1850's Massanutten Springs Cabin
Kitchen & Breakfast Bar Kennedy's Peak (view from patio / deck)
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Kitchen & Breakfast Bar
Kennedy's Peak (view from patio / deck)
fireplace in Master Bedroom
Master Bedroom
Great Room
Great Room
Loft bedroom
Private fishing pond (walking distance)
Swing-daybed on deck
Hot Tub on Patio
Kennedy's peak - Fall - view from cabin
1850's Massanutten Springs - Fall
Our #1Rock Tavern River Kamp- 12 min from cabin- rent tubes, canoes, and kayaks...shuttle from Kamp
#1Rock Tavern River Kamp - Springs guest are welcome to use our kamp for picnics, swim, rent tubes
Massanutten Boat Landing- walking distance from cabin
view from deck and patio
patio
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Stacey H
Bel Air, Maryland
“New Year's Eve at the cabin was awesome.”
Reviewed January 2, 2013 for a stay in December 2012

I just wanted to send you a quick message on our mini vacation.

As soon as we walked into your place, we immediately felt right at home. It was so warm and comfortable and smelled really good too. It was a nice touch with the Christmas tree and the champagne left for us. We already talked about returning in warmer weather to partake in the canoeing and riverboat cruise. We can't wait to come back.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Jan 1, 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. Happy New Year!
We welcome your return!
Annette
Florida
Reviewed July 12, 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Jul 12, 2012
Im so glad you chose to get married in the Luray Caverns and have your reception at our cabin....Im glad we could provide a nice place for you and Mike to spend a beautiful blessed day!!! Annette and daughter Jade
valover3
Richmond, Virginia
“Great weekend getaway for wedding anniversary”
Reviewed April 2, 2012 for a stay in March 2012
person found this review helpful

The first thing I loved about this place was how clean everything was! My husband & I were celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary, wanted to have a relaxing getaway. I found this place on Tripadvisor & loved it! We explored the 39 acres of property, loved sitting on porch swing(even fell asleep on it one day), got yummy pizza delivered, enjoyed time in the hot tub,went to local antique shops & so much I can't list it all. Just a beautiful, comfy, & very clean place!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: How clean & beautiful everything was.
Liked least: Not anything
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Apr 1, 2012
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay....
DC
Reviewed October 12, 2011 for a stay in September 2011

Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family with young children
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Oct 12, 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad you and your family enjoyed your stay. I have a filtration system installed for my well water so therefore, you should not have noticed any sulfur in water at all - although I checked and I did change the filter 2 days after your departure. Had you let me know during your stay I could have changed the filter while you were there -would have been happy to do so. Just keep in mind for future trips. In addition, I am going to take this opportunity to share some trivia. I named our cabin Massanutten Springs because of all the springs that are on the property and straight back behind the pond is known as Lick Bottom Hollow on the Massanutten Mountain Range referenced on the G.W National Forestry Map - prior to the 1850's the Indians settled here and were convinced that the Sulfur Springs were "Healing Waters". Early times the white man believed the same.Our fishing pond is fed by Spring water. In the ole days - Lick's were known for deer to come for the the salt deposits so therefore it made for good hunting grounds. This information is printed in the local history books referencing Fort Egypt (one of the oldest homes in Page County which is just right up the road from cabin and still stands today). Info for Historians.
Daniel H
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Modern luxury and comfort in the Shenandoah Valley”
Reviewed August 15, 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Don't be turned away by the fact that this cabin doesn't have any review yet. It soon will, and they will be glowing. Better rent here before it gets booked up.

Some friends and I rented this cabin for a guy's weekend in August 2011, and we sure made the right decision. We were one of the first groups to stay in the cabin after its restoration. Here are the highlights from our stay:
- Clean, new, state of the art kitchen appliances
- We easily slept 7 guys through the cabin's combination of beds, sofa beds, futons, and cot
- Flat panel TV with satellite
- Hut tub in full working order
- Stainless steel outdoor grill
- Massage recliner in master bedroom

All in all, I highly recommend this cabin. The owner is very accommodating, and the transaction and communications with her were very pleasant. We are already thinking of when we can come stay again.

Traveling group: With Friends
Your age range 25-34
Young singles Friends getaway
Older travelers
Aug 14, 2011
Thank you for such a wonderful compliment
Hilary B
Fairfax, Virginia
“Wonderful experience!”
Reviewed August 10, 2011 for a stay in August 2011

My family of 11 stayed for two nights at the 1850's Massanutten Springs Cabin and had a wonderful time. The cabin was immaculately clean and decorated beautifully. It was evident that Annette and her family put a lot of effort and forethougt into making the cabin such a pretty place. The brand new cement floors were gorgeous, laden with horse and ivy drawings and finished with a beautiful shine. The kitchen was very expansive (and beautiful!) and had all of the amenities and utensils required for either large or small families. There was plenty of sleeping space for everyone, and each bed came with plenty of sheets and comforters. The big flat screen TV was a plus for our children in the evenings as was the hot tub. The highlight for us was building a big fire outside while grilling steaks and also relaxing in the hot tub. It is the perfect place to spend quality family time. We will definitely go back!

Traveling group: Family with Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Young singles Friends getaway
Families with teenagers Tourists
Large groups Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Aug 9, 2011
Thank you for the wonderful compliments - we look forward to having you as our guests again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing