“Perfect Day”

Gathering Grounds
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Luray
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Now open at our new location!! We offer a unique dining experience: serving breakfast, gourmet sandwiches, soups and salads with a full-service espresso bar, homemade pastries and pies in a relaxing atmosphere. Wine and beer - on and off. Open 7 days a week.
Perryville, Maryland
“Perfect Day”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were a group from Maryland celebrating a JMU graduation! What a perfect place for our special day! The food and desserts were delicious. The service was pleasant and readily available. A hidden treasure! Thank you.

• Visited May 2013

New York
“Funky decor, wonderful people”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This restaurant is fun from the moment you walk in the door. It's located in a former hardware store and they've kept a lot of the flooring and huge storage cabinets from the store.

We all had one of their sandwiches (I had the chicken salad) and everyone was very pleased with the choices. I'm picky about chicken salad and this one was just right. Nice chunky bits of chicken, not chicken 'paste' like some places have.

And, they had chocolate milk! I'm a happy camper.

• Visited May 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Pleasantly Pleasing”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I loved the atmosphere of this coffee shop/ deli. If I lived locally, I would definitely come back for a cup of coffee and to people-watch in the corner. During my visit I ordered the Winchester Panini - which was awesome. The sandwiches automatically come with chips or a pasta salad but I paid a small upcharge for a side Caesar. I checked in in Four Square and scored a few soft drink. I'd def go back.

• Visited April 2013
“It is really good homemade food with great service.”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

It is really good homemade food in an old building with great decor. The service is wonderful and personal. Highly recommend the homemade pies. Wish it was closer to home.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Perfect coffee shop”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Delicious chocolate chip pecan pie! Great space to work in on a road trip (free wi-fi greatly appreciated). Busy and vibrant, highly recommend this place and will make a point of returning on my next trip.