“Very private and affordable river cabin.”
River access cabin with beautiful mountain views
Go fishing or canoeing right from the property (you cannot see the river from the house) Spacious living room w/ fireplace and hi-def TV
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
River access cabin with beautiful mountain views
Spacious living room w/ fireplace and hi-def TV
Tournament size pool table in game room
Beautiful king master bedroom with armoire & HDTV
Large hot tub with 40 jets
Full kitchen including dishwasher
Tournament size ping pong & foosball tables
Huge campfire pit
2nd bedroom with queen and twin beds & HDTV
3rd bedroom with queen and twin bunks & HDTV
Fully laundry service
2 large canoes w/ oars and life jackets
Outdoor grill
Unlimited firewood
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 84 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Snidsl
“Very private and affordable river cabin.”
Reviewed 1 week ago for a stay in July 2017

This is a very private location. In the back yard and deck you cannot see any other people or houses and in the large front yard you can just see one other house, but we never saw any actual neighbors for the week and 1/2 we stayed at the house. So it is super private! The road is gravel and not heavily traveled.

We really enjoyed staying here... we had 4 adults and 2 children. It is not a giant home, but it was plenty big enough for our close family. The kitchen and dining area is open and a very nice size, we were able to cook, while others played games at the table and still spend time together. The laundry was conveniently located off the kitchen and that led out to the deck with the hot tub. I will suggest you put a HEAVY sleeper in the bunk bedroom closest to the deck, if you are planning to use the hot tub after they go to bed :)

It was very HOT the week that we were there, so the detached game room was pretty unusable.... there is an air conditioner in there but just couldn't cool it off enough during the day. We did enjoy the game room a few times at night. (Just a thought for anyone trying to send the kiddos off to play!)

The back yard and the deck has no shade...I really suggest you bring a canopy...we brought one that really came in handy as there is a really nice picnic table in the back. I originally brought the canopy to use on the deck over the hot tub, but the hot tub takes up most of the deck and we just couldn't get it to fit. So we enjoyed the river during the day and the hot tub at night!

The walk to the river is significant... you cannot see the river from the house. There was a nice cart in the shed to haul items down to the river if needed. One in my group has a hard time walking, he was able to make it down to the river, but it was too far for him to walk every day. There seems to be plenty of room to fit a car and drive down as the lumber truck drove in the yard to refill the wood supply, but the owners ask that you don't do that, you may be able to ask them for an exception.. but we didn't try. There is also a public river access close to the house with a pretty level road to walk on, but there was a gate across it too so we couldn't drive down that way either. There were canoes chained near the river. The river was pretty shallow while we were there and we could walk all the way to the other side, we found some nice deeper areas in the middle where we were able to swim, splash, and dunk each other without hitting rocks.

lagallimo...
Falls Church, Virginia
“Wonderful cabin!!”
Reviewed 1 week ago for a stay in June 2018

We totally enjoyed our stay!! The cabin was very clean and had all the amenities you would want! We will definitely plan another stay.

mhedges22
Catlett, Virginia
“Great Location, Clean and nicely equipped”
Reviewed June 11, 2018 for a stay in June 2018

This was an extended family vacation (my wife's parents and sister and brother-in-law). Three folks were older and the lack of stairs and general layout was perfect. The game room, TV's, kitchen etc were all A+ We got to watch the Caps win the Stanley cup so it will always been remembered. There were plenty of life jackets, folding chairs and patio chairs etc so you really did not need to bring extra stuff. The hot tub was not working when we arrived, but the owners took care of it promptly. All, in all, this was probably the best cabin rental we have had. Clean, well appointed and easy communication. I would recommend this to anyone with the following caveats:

The cabin wasn't huge, but we never felt crowded. We needed a place for 8 people and this seemed ideal. The catch was that two of the bedrooms are Bunks with a twin on top and full/queen? on the bottom. The other is a king master suite. This is not ideal with 2 kids and three adult couples. That is the only real complaint we had (probably misread the listing originally, but it was not completely clear)- it is good for a large family or group, but it was not great for us. That said, the beds were comfortable and reminded us of college bunks:-)

Due to the weather, we were not able to enjoy the river, but it is a perfect location and the two canoes would have been great. There is a picnic table and a lot of room to roam. Please be aware, if you come during a rainy period, you will have a wet, muddy walk to the river and the grass will be tall (can't get a mower in when it is too muddy). So, we booked the cabin and then it basically rained 10 inches the 10 days prior to our visit. We had hoped to spend a lot of time at the cabin/river, but ended up limited to the hot tub and fire pit. The kids had fun with roasting marshmallows and hot dogs. We did plan ahead and had things to do in luray - caverns, museum, zoo and mini-golf. There is plenty to do in the area if you want to get out. Just be aware that when it gets a lot of rain (like spring) you should have a backup plan if the river is your main reason for coming.

This would be perfect for a hot summer vacation. We hope to return once the kids are older and enjoy the river. The location is perfect!

Your age range 35-49
Nicky B
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“great place!”
Reviewed May 16, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

House was great. Comfortable beds. Very clean. Yard outside is amazing for throwing a football. Great firepit. Great deck. So beautiful both at night and during the day.

curisrob
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Perfect Get Away”
Reviewed February 22, 2018 for a stay in February 2018

My friends and I love these cabins. The pace of everything that comes with living and working in Washington, D.C. can be exhausting. We'd go insane if we didn't get out of the city every now and then and unplug. We've been going back to these cabins once or twice a year for the past few five years now and they've been a god send.

The kitchen has everything we need to make ourselves a big family style dinner every evening and the huge dvd collection gives us a chance to revisit a bunch of old favorites instead of our usual Netflix binges.

The hot tub and campfire outside are great for late evenings to sit around with each other and chat without the distractions of our cell phones distracting us.

The staff is always helpful. On our last trip we had a pilot light go out but they had someone over right away to fix and when another member of our group left some things behind they found them right away and shipped them back to us.

10/10 would recommend to everyone trying to get out of the city and unplug.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Getaway trip for me and the wife.”
Reviewed October 18, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

The house had everything we could possibly need. The Hot tub and fire pit was a nice touch. The only thing that bothered me was the bugs were very bad this time of year, so hanging out by the river really didn't happen. If I would have brought the fishing pole I might have, but the wife wasn't having it. Overall very nice and secluded location.

Your age range 35-49
Management Response
Oct 20, 2017
Thanks for the review! Loved you had a nice secluded time! You're right about the gnats by the river. There are a couple small times per year where they come out. But that tends to be pretty rare. Hope to see you again!
Kenneth C
“Horrible experience and customer service”
Reviewed August 13, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

The place wasn't clean so we ended canceling and going else where and he said he would gives us a full refund and I kept getting emails none stop with threats toward my disabled wife and my business and he also said the next day he not giving back a refund and I had no choice but to stay there I have all the emails and he hasn't stopped yet I contacted the place I booked with and let them know about everything it's very unprofessional to call people names and make threats and run a place like this and took a deposit before I checked in if $200.00. Which he said he would refund but hasn't yet even after I never checked in. The place I booked thru is helping to get that back and a full refund after my experience on my 4th wedding anniversary that is now ruined after all this that happend with this place and people were staying there and so many excuses and next day send a email your all good after I cancelled after this nightmare and threatend me and my wife for the review we left. They take your money before you check in and don't care about there customers and how they treat them

Management Response
Aug 18, 2017
THIS PERSON DID NOT ACTUALLY STAY AT OUR PROPERTY. It's hard to know what to respond to first here... This individual has been extremely irrational and dishonest in everything they've done. This is one of many negative spam reviews by the same person. They have been harassing us with negative spam reviews even after we tried helping them. I have formally filed a complaint with Google and other listing sites about the reviews they left because it is off topic (they are reviewing a property they did not stay at) and for spam (they have left multiple). The husband and wife both left reviews from different email addresses. It's unfortunate that it's not easier to file information showing that a non-customer is defaming you to get things like this removed. The internet has made it possible for nasty low-brow people like this to reach out and quickly harm someone else's reputation. If you would like proof of who this person is and the defamation campaign they went on to hurt our reputation, please contact us directly through our website and we'll provide more details.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing