“Comfortably quiet”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Luray
Lake Worth, Florida
“Comfortably quiet”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Basic, clean, comfortable and quiet place to stay while visiting Luray Caverns. Office manager is welcoming and pleasant. Eat breakfast in brookside cabins in Shenandoah National Forest. Worth the three mile drive.

Room Tip: The rooms here are immaculate. The king size bedroom was very comfortable. There is no fitness cent...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed in Luray overnight to venture up to skyline drive to see the Perseid meteor shower. The motel is vintage 60's. one level on the road, another lower level if you circle behind. It's on the eastern side of the city, clean, with a window AC, a pleasant and responsive proprietor.

'

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

we like the cardinal inn, its quiet, the rooms are big. very clean, there is everything u need. ac works, and the best for us: u can open the window and get fresh air (without moskitos)
we would stay here again.

1 Thank ansam48
Reviewed July 28, 2013

If you are looking for fancy decorations and name brand toiletries this is not your place. It's a little dated, but it is definitely clean! Even down to the grout on the blue and black tiles in the bathroom. We were given a military discount and even without the discount it's a great deal. The man and the desk was very hospitable and even came out to tell me good morning. He has a pretty heavy accent and at times was a bit hard to understand, but such a sweet man! It's located right next to a shell so you can walk over if you forgot something like I always do. Overall great place. The only thing I missed was a coffee pot, but again you can always walk next door I the shell and get yourself a cup there.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

The room was very clean. Front desk was very helpful even to the point where my phone wasn't working and he offered his phone and later forwarded any calls to my room late in the evening. Outstanding stay would definitely go back.

Connecticut, USA
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The first thing I do when I enter a hotel, is check the bedding. Amenities are not my priority, I prefer a simple room that is clean. It is a bit dated, but I was satisfied with our room in this hotel. The mattress was not the most comfortable, but it was sufficient and there were no signs of bugs anywhere. The room and bathroom are spacious. The bathroom had a long countertop with a mirror above the entire length... a nice bonus traveling with teen girls! There was a fridge and microwave, but no hair dryer. The air conditioner was older, but worked well. My computer said that I was connected to their wi-fi, but I couldn't get an internet connection? I didn't ask the office for help so I'm not sure what was wrong. We did not see a pool anywhere, although the front sign mentioned a jacuzzi... we did NOT look for that. Ice is only available at certain hours... I couldn't get any at 8:00am.
As I was opening the curtains about 7:30am, I noticed a train going by in the back of the hotel, but I didnt hear it until after I saw it.
There is a movie theater 1 mile down the road and a fantastic coffee shop next door to that... The Gathering Grounds. Luray Caverns was a couple more miles down.
As we drove around, it seemed like we made a good choice for the price range. There was a place nearby with a large "M" mowed into the grass, but it looked like an expensive country club. Otherwise, the Cardinal Inn was a good choice for us and I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The room was very clean and nice. The person that checked us in was very Accommodating,polite and helpful. I will highly recommend to stay at this motel. The room that I stayed had a tiny small kitchen and it was very useful

Room Tip: Th rooms on right are very nice and on left are nice too
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luray
The Mimslyn Inn
Hotel Laurance
#3 of 9 in Luray
Quality Inn Shenandoah Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock

Been to The Cardinal Inn? Share your experiences!