“Large rooms, clean.”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Luray
Connecticut, USA
“Large rooms, clean.”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The first thing I do when I enter a hotel, is check the bedding. Amenities are not my priority, I prefer a simple room that is clean. It is a bit dated, but I was satisfied with our room in this hotel. The mattress was not the most comfortable, but it was sufficient and there were no signs of bugs anywhere. The room and bathroom are spacious. The bathroom had a long countertop with a mirror above the entire length... a nice bonus traveling with teen girls! There was a fridge and microwave, but no hair dryer. The air conditioner was older, but worked well. My computer said that I was connected to their wi-fi, but I couldn't get an internet connection? I didn't ask the office for help so I'm not sure what was wrong. We did not see a pool anywhere, although the front sign mentioned a jacuzzi... we did NOT look for that. Ice is only available at certain hours... I couldn't get any at 8:00am.
As I was opening the curtains about 7:30am, I noticed a train going by in the back of the hotel, but I didnt hear it until after I saw it.
There is a movie theater 1 mile down the road and a fantastic coffee shop next door to that... The Gathering Grounds. Luray Caverns was a couple more miles down.
As we drove around, it seemed like we made a good choice for the price range. There was a place nearby with a large "M" mowed into the grass, but it looked like an expensive country club. Otherwise, the Cardinal Inn was a good choice for us and I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The room was very clean and nice. The person that checked us in was very Accommodating,polite and helpful. I will highly recommend to stay at this motel. The room that I stayed had a tiny small kitchen and it was very useful

Room Tip: Th rooms on right are very nice and on left are nice too
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Mountville, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The facility may be a little dated but our Suite was perfect for us.
Private bungalow type room in the back.
Wonderful screened patio overlooking green grass and trees.
BBQ place across the street does takeout, We didn't want to leave our patio.
Located in the quit part of town, yet close enough to the caverns and the skyline drive.
I would stay there again.

Room Tip: The spa tub was nice.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
queensbury, new york
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife and I spent two comfortable nights at the Cardinal Inn, going to and coming from both Shenandoah National Park and Luray Caverns. The inn is conveniently located for both attractions, as well as conveniences in town. The motel is situated away from the busier part of town, making it rather quiet as well. The management was very friendly and the two different rooms we stayed in were quite clean and comfortable. We will definitely stay at the Cardinal Inn again, if we are in the area.

Gerry & Lynne L.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank australia08_9
Caracas, Venezuela
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights and had a King Room to myself. Very reasonably priced for what you get. Its not modern but very clean and tidy and the room had everything I needed. Including a microwave and a fridge which enabled me to make my own breakfast each morning. A nice part of town and easy access to Shenandoah NP.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
North Chesterfield, VA
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Staff was extremely friendly, room was clean. Bathroom smelled of smoke from what seemed to be the neighboring room; told the owner before leaving for the day and came back to a fresh smelling room and no more issues. The place was quiet, and a hopm skip, and a jump from all that Luray has to offer.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were on a spring break trip to Luray, VA and the Shenandoah Mountains looking for a place to stay with good value for our retirement budget. If you are looking for good value and a friendly staff, this is the place. The springtime daily rate was very affordable. The staff person we met was friendly and helpful. We could walk to the downtown or drive to the mountains. We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Suprmom39
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luray
The Mimslyn Inn
Hotel Laurance
#3 of 9 in Luray
Quality Inn Shenandoah Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock

Been to The Cardinal Inn? Share your experiences!