“Dog food”

Add it.
Mindi's Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Actually I wouldn't feed that to my dog. Or my neighbors dog, that would be animal cruelty, even though their annoying and bark all night, they STILL don't deserve that cruelty.

There are newer reviews for Mindi's Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Mindi's has been here probably 20 years. Nothing fancy just simple "american" mexican food. So if you’re looking for "authentic classic" Mexican or South American food pass Mindi's up, get off the 211 bypass and take 211 Business into town to Ranchero Mexican Restaurant. Mindi’s is a great little side of the road place with the standard Mexican dishes and appetizers. The chips are usually warm and fresh with good salsa. My favorites are the small Mexican Pizza, poppers, or shrimp jammers for an appetizer and the California Burrito or combination Frittatas for a meal. Unless you’re really hungry the small size frittatas is plenty. While they do not have full alcohol service they do have wine, coolers, and beer. And YES there is a Mindi. She is the owner and a great lady who got her start in the restaurant business working down at the original Anita’s Mexican restaurant in Vienna, Virginia.

1  Thank Marc L
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Did not meet expectations whatsoever! Some friends and I dined at Mindis and nobody was impressed. The atmosphere/conditions: The facility was very run down and has seen better days. The quality and flavor of the food and authenticity, very poor. I could have purchased the stuff and made all the dishes better myself. Examples, when I asked about the beef tacos, they used ground beef and taco mix, I then ordered the chicken soft tacos. The beans tasted canned and over peppered. The tostada my friend ordered was a stale shell, and did not appear to be prepared at the restaurant as the waitress said that they did. My order was brought out on the wrong shell (not soft) and was on stale grocery store style taco shells. I mentioned to the waitress that I had ordered the soft tacos, in which she politely corrected. The dessert, "fried ice cream," was definitely not prepared onsite as the crust was very stale and tasted freezer burned. The only plus about the place was that the wait staff was polite and the beer was inexpensive. At the end of the meal, we all agreed that we would have been happier had we gone through the taco-bell drive through which was a block away. Had we gone through the drive through...we would know that it would not be authentic and have lower expectations than what we would have expected from a sit-down non-fast food restaurant.

1  Thank C B
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I'd heard about Mindi's so decided to try it. I was a little disappointed with the food. It seems to me there are much better Mexican restaurants in the area. Prices were fine but the food was just okay. I might try it again just in case I caught them on an off night.

1  Thank Eliz H
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Been past here many times, never stopped because of timing. Finally decided to give it a try and was pleasantly surprised. I had white cheese dip (with jalapenos added) as appetizer. Then had a California burrito, not greasy, tasted great. To top it off had homemade strawberry pie, while not Mexican, who cares cause it was a great desert! Dealt with two different waitresses, both were very helpful and friendly. I will stop again if in the area and hungry.

1  Thank lf479