“Really good”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Went here for an anniversary dinner b/c the Circa 31 restaurant upstairs had some event going on. It was surprisingly good compared to the other reviews. Must order the oysters mmmmm!!!!

Cool atmosphere and live band on Saturday night. Drinks are pretty cheap too!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great food and atmosphere. The staff was professional and attentive. Nothing to dislike about the Speakeasy.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Mimslyn Inn is beautiful--I would definitely recommend viewing this historic inn, and maybe their main dining room is better, but my understand is that hotels basically operate from the same kitchen, so I would be hesitant to try it after dining in The Speakeasy. My husband I chose this venue because there was live music on Saturday evening. "Acoustic Thunder" was excellent, I would return to hear them play, and maybe have a cocktail. Service was slow, and the food-- not well prepared at all! We had a soup-- and a Bbq Chicken/Rib plate. Awful.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I had seen the jager schnitzel on the on-line menu and was looking forward to it. Once it arrived, it was neither jager nor schnitzel. More like country fried steak with gray mushroom gravy. I should have known better. The rest of our group seemed to like what they ordered, so I'd recommend sticking with burgers, beer, and such.

Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

We spent the day wine tasting and were advised quite a few times that we needed to eat here. I ordered the French onion soup and a Caesar salad. The soup I had to send back because it was way too salty. The salad also was not good. My friend had the braised beef and loved it. I am tossed up on whether I would eat there again.

They had a live band, but they take up so much of the floor space they are on top of you which was hard to have a conversation.

Been to Speakeasy Bar? Share your experiences!